Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

TO WARM FOR MOVEMENT ???

IADEERHUNTER

Spent all weekend sitting in my stand, did not see any movement except for a couple of small does. Went out last night around 8:00 with my spotlight, every field that I visited was full of nice deer, saw a few nice bucks also. Went out extra early this morning trying to catch them moving back to the bedding areas, no such luck, sat from 5:00 until noon. Again only saw a couple of small does. My Uncle says that it is to warm for movement and the bright moon is keeping them up all night. Is he correct, just checking other opinions.

Same thing here. Lots of sign and have seen a couple here and there the last two days. Need a cold front. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IADEERHUNTER:
Spent all weekend sitting in my stand, did not see any movement except for a couple of small does. Went out last night around 8:00 with my spotlight, every field that I visited was full of nice deer, saw a few nice bucks also. Went out extra early this morning trying to catch them moving back to the bedding areas, no such luck, sat from 5:00 until noon. Again only saw a couple of small does. My Uncle says that it is to warm for movement and the bright moon is keeping them up all night. Is he correct, just checking other opinions.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I dont really know, I went out this weekend and saw 2 really nice bucks and some does...It was about 4:20 too...So I dont think its to warm..but they just might not be moving to much yet...but what do i know?

The car/deer accidents are going up fast! Two guys I spoke with observed panting bucks chasing foamy mouthed does. I have had no such luck.

My opinion is some of us are seeing the lull before the storm right now. Remember 2 years ago? It was 70+ degrees every day for quite a spell and I had sweat running down my back while I had rut crazed deer running all around me.

Activity for me has dropped off some numbers wise this last couple days but I am still seeing bucks roaming or chasing each time out and am seeing the beginning of rut sign that usually marks entrance in to the heated activity. I am not seeing many does that seem to be in season yet.

Had one come in last night with 2 small bucks in tow but they chased one second and went back to eating and drifted off their seperate ways the next.

I saw a booner yesterday morning loping and grunting through the timber on a definate mission. I tried grunting back at him but I doubt he heard me. This is the first bigger boy I have seen during daylight hours.

Would love to spend enough time in the woods to learn all their communications. I saw a doe give an intruding button buck the evil eye the other morning and he jumped like a grizzly attacked him. (kind of like me at home)
smile.gif

Have fun, the best is yet to come.......

[This message has been edited by BW (edited 11-05-2001).]

I was out yesterday and saw absolutely nothing. The woods were quiet enough that I could hear squirrels rustling leaves from 100 yards away. If they had been moving, I think I would've heard them.

Saturday I had to run some errands here in town and there were deer all over the place. Go figure.

Harvested a nice buck November 1 in the evening. Still have another tag. Hunted the whole weekend and did not see much movement till late evening of the last day, Sunday. The bucks were chasing the does but not to a feverish point. Hope the weather changes next week. They seem to just be hanging in the timber for now. I believe the best is yet to come also.

Trpr,

Way to go! Send a photo if you get a chance, we would love to see.

All,

Warm, cold, windy, doesn't matter I think you gotta go when you can go.

Good Hunting To All!

TLH

My brother and I observed pretty good deer movement this past weekend. 16 bucks and 24 does and fawns. 4 were P&Y or better. One was a 150" 10 point that was tending a doe. He chased off a 130" 8 point and a small 6 point. The deer seemed to quit moving around 9:30 and start moving around 3. My brother shot a nice 125" 8 point Friday evening (will be sending pictures soon). Next weekend should be fun.

[This message has been edited by BigGuy (edited 11-05-2001).]

I've been seeing fair numbers of deer and some good bucks but it is early in the morning or late in the afternoon. In my area some of the shingle oak have large numbers of acorns and that is where most of the activity is. I'm seeing very little on food plots or in fields. If we could just get some cool weather during the day I think things would really happen. If it stays warm it will be like two years ago and most of the activity will be at night.

Good hunting!
Larry

I think the deer are moving in spots but they're in the thick stuff during the day. Saturday morning thought I was at the horse races before daylight. Had deer moving around me all morning. Tried to shoot a nice 8 pointer about 8:30 but pulled my arrow off the rest as I drew. I then proceeded to lose the standoff when I couldn't hold my bow at fulldraw any longer. Saw a larger buck chasing does an hour later at 9:30.

Gave that spot a rest Saturday night and Sunday morning. My only sighting was an 8 pointer that ran across the road as I was driving out to hunt Saturday afternoon at about 1:30pm. Found another spot with good movement Sunday afternoon.

Several other friends saw larger bucks moving at midday on Saturday and Sunday. I know of three nice bucks that went down this weekend. Check the IBA photo album for the nicest one.

Patrick

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-05-2001).]

I sat in three different stands this past weekend and saw absolutely nothing. I believe the temperature and the moon are to blame. This weekend should be a lot more productive though I am worried that it will still be warm. Good luck

Stoped off at the local sporting goods store on my way home tonight they had photos of a 180+ that went down this weekend. Don't let the heat keep you home.

SOUNDS LIKE SOME YOU ARE ACTUALLY SEEING DECENT MOVEMENT...HOPEFULLY IT ACTUALLY COOLS DOWN THIS WEEKEND, I WILL BE SITTING 15 FEET UP IN THE TREE NO MATTER WHAT THE WEATHER. GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Top Bottom