Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tony Lovstuen ???

BigTypical

Hey everyone........ just finished checking today's wrestling results and saw that Tony Lovstuen (Centerville) will be facing Luke Satern (Humboldt) for the 2-A 135lb. state title. I was wondering if this is the same Tony Lovstuen that we are all familiar with? If it is.... I would like to wish him good luck tomorrow evening as he goes after his 1st state title. If you can't be there to watch, I know the championship matches are televised starting at 6pm. Good Luck Tony!!!!
applause.gif

I am sure it is him.....good luck to all the State finalists and those wrestling for 3rd/4th tomorrow. Isn't he going for his second state title?

I would also like to wish him luck. I know it's not easy to win even one, let alone go for a second, not in Iowa anyway.

Wow thats cool!!!! I remebered my titles years later when it was all done!!! But i cant remember SHOOTING THE WORLD RECORD!!! ALL the strength training will help him drag deer from the woods more quick in the FUTURE!!

GOOD LUCK!!I can hope that I can make it that far. I'm only in Jr. High and if my wrestling was like it was last year, with my record I'll make it to state. I finshed off at 7-3, but in High School you wrestle more matches.

This is tony's first trip to the high school state tournament and first chance to when a title in high school. he did win a state final when he was a few years younger. i think it was at the aau wrestling torunament. it was when he was in 7th or 8th grade i can't remember for sure what grade he won it in. GOOD LUCK TONY.

mad.gif
Tony had a nice showing tonight, but fell to his opponent 12-6. He is only a junior so I'm predicting we have not seen the last of Mr. Lovstuen. Nice job Tony... nothing wrong with taking home a silver medal. I know that's not what you want to hear right now, but the desire to return next year will burn deeper and stronger. Next year starts tomorrow..... Great job Tony!!!
applause.gif

Great job Tony,there are a ton of kids that would love to be in your place. You'll be standing on top of podium next year.
waytogo.gif
applause.gif

Yeah he did a great job. I finished 5th place this year for Knoxville at 171. I'm very happy to place, and stand on the podium. However, unlike tony I will not be attending state next year since I am a senior, but I am happy with how my wrestling career ended. I recieved my 100th career win and upset a kid in the 5th and 6th place matches.

dunkin, atleast you got to wrestle a 4 time state champ who hasn't been beat since he was a freshman..

Sureshot1 - great job! My oldest boy, 12, is in wrestling and consequently we follow the Iowa high school scene fairly well. Congrats on your finish, that had to be a great feeling to stand on the podium the last year at the Barn. Just think, years later you will be able to tell your children about wrestling Jay Borschel. Yeah, let's see... "Well kids, I almost had him when I slipped on a wet spot and he accidently fell on top of me and the ref quick counted me. Otherwise, he was MINE!"

Seriously, good season!

HAHA! You guys are hilarious! Jay completely Whoopped up on me. That kid is amazing. Owell, Atleast I lost to the kid who ended up winning it. He is by far the best kid I have ever wrestled. It was fun though.....I almost had him
smile.gif
, until he pinned me!

Top Bottom