Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tractor for Yard and Plots

Can anyone recommend a small utility type tractor that I can mow my yard with and also use to brush hog, disc plots, drag small trees, etc.? Thanks.

Belly mower/mid mount mower? Assume you're looking towards a compact utility then. I have a b3030 (kubota) that I now with and do anything I really NEED to to. WANT to do is a different story :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ford, Chevy, Dodge.... Tractors same... Different answer depending on who you talk to. My first tractor had the mid mount.... Not a fan. Was constantly getting in the way for clearance etc. Granted, I used for mini bulldozer but that's another story. Lots of good options out there... Watch your tire selection. Ag tires will mess up your lawn in a hurry if you care about those things.

Thanks for the replies. I'm starting to think it'd be better to buy a cheap tractor to just leave at the property that's a better fit for the job.

Thanks for the replies. I'm starting to think it'd be better to buy a cheap tractor to just leave at the property that's a better fit for the job.
Do this. You will be happier with a decent mower at home and decent tractor at your property than hauling one that is not that great at either back and forth. There is an exception to this if you are willing to spend a lot more money for a very nice newer versatile John Deere type. With implements that is probably going to run you over $20,000. I have 48" cut mower for $2,000 at home and a 28hp used Ford 4x4 tractor (with bucket and 5' brush hog) for $8,000 at my 120 acre property. There are many other scenarios that lead others to other decisions that work for them but this is a perfect set ups for me at a reasonable cost.

My scenario if it helps you: I would never justify having a tractor and implements just for deer hunting. But since I needed a big mower for my acreage, I said I might as well spend more for a tractor that can mow and brushhog/till/spray/reasonable loader work. I'm probably 18k in...whatever.

Hindsight is 20/20 right. And if I did it again...though I just said I'd never justify big machinery for deer hunting...i wish I would have gotten a bigger (60-70) tractor and a separate dedicated mower like a zero turn. I don't mind hauling the tractor 20 miles and the mower takes less than 2mins to take off when I want to use for "farm work." My problem is that I want to do more things or the same things faster and better and I need a bigger machine for it. For the right tractor and mower I probably would have spend $5k more to have done this. (Newer, lower hr tractor with 4x4/mfwd and loader...im hesitant around old tractors because I'm not that mechanically savy and guys sell that old shit for a reason most of the time). Having a tractor with loader with reasonable muscle on an acreage is a godsend.

For ME, not anyone else, I wouldn't leave a bigger tractor at the farm when I use it around my house anyways. Hauling is not a real deal breaker for my situation.

Above is my opinion...if it helps

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I had a 37 hp Kubota and after about 5 years it wasn't big enough and jumped to a 60 hp Kubota. I would have seperate mower for the home and a tractor for the farm. If you have turf tires it won't be much good at the farm.

Top Bottom