Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

tractor question

has anyone had any luck with massey fergeson tractors? I'm looking at a MF 165 (late 1970's) with a perkins 4 cyl diesel engine (62 hp).. any info/comments/input good or bad would be greatly appreciated. happy farming every one

Heard good things about MF but there were certain models that had transmission woes. Like any of them- some got pretty hard use with a loader so watch that as well, it just depends on the price. Try http://www.ytmag.com and search the MF forum.

no loader on this tractor, it spent most of its life powering a small sawmill. only has 1600 hrs, new tires, runs good with out smoking..... $4000
looking pretty hard at this one.
everything in my price and hp range gets sold right away or is ridiculously way over priced...
thanks for the link to MF forum, lots of good info

That is a very nice sized tractor. Some what compact with plenty of ponies.

I really want a 60-65 hp diesel some day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MF 165 (late 1970's) with a perkins 4 cyl diesel engine (62 hp).. </div></div>

Good tractor and it sounds like it han't been rammed around doing field work or loading manure. $4000 sounds pretty darn good to me. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

bought it and brought it home today...a few small items need to be addressed (fluids,filters,and a leaky injector) then its wide open for the month of may plowing & planting.. thanks for all the help. best of luck on your food plotting

Top Bottom