Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trail Cam Locks

Cyclone27

PMA Member
What do you all use for trail camera locks? I have tried the python cable but after about 6 months of using it the key broke off inside of the lock. It then only took about 5 minutes to saw through the cable. I decided that spending $75 on 4 of them is not worth it. Thus needless to say I want to find a stronger and more reliable method that won't cost as much. So, what do you use to lock up your cameras?

We use the cam lock boxes that lag bolt to the tree and then we run a cable around the tree as well. At the end of the day, if somebody wants your camera enough, they will find a way to steal it. All the lock boxes do is make it less convenient to take the camera when a person comes across it.

I agree, if some one wants it bad enough they will take it regardless. The locks keep some lazy thieves honest. Another option is to try to hide the cameras better. Place them up higher looking down or add some extra camouflage.

I agree, if some one wants it bad enough they will take it regardless. The locks keep some lazy thieves honest. Another option is to try to hide the cameras better. Place them up higher looking down or add some extra camouflage.

this

I never use locks but I have never had a problem, but I hunt private family ground

I have welded my own security boxes with those big round trucker type locks holding the lid on. Then I run a big 5/8 or so brinks cable lock (got it from wal mart) around the tree. Best cable out there IMO. Never had a problem. But as stated, if they want it they will have it.

make it too hard for them to steal then all they do is bust up the camera inside thru the holes...can't win if you have buttholes in your hunting area.

I have gone years and never had any issues with cameras missing, used to use locks and all the good stuff. I got comfortable, and got caught with my guard down. I got hit really hard this year, about a thousand dollar hit in one swipe. I hunt all large private farms off the beaten path with no other hunters even close. Yes I had some in easy pickin spots and some hidden very well. All gone! I had posted earlier about my problem. Tough to deal with but its all part of the game. Some one will talk eventually, that's how I found my boys. There time is coming!

Top Bottom