Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trail Cameras

I think the trail cameras are great. It is very helpful for people who don't have as much time as they would like to be able to scout. I can also find out if the deer are only using the trail at night. I don't want to sit in a stand that only produces deer after shooting hours do you?

The topic has taken a twist I see. The technology issue has come to the surface.
I also think it's a good idea to approach tech-equipment with a raised eyebrow. Now we have cameras that scout for us 24-7. Rangefinders that make judging distance foolproof. Bows with 85% let off. I even seen one that stays drawn for ya! Just point and shoot!
As far as not having enough time to scout out a big-un...well maybe you should be satisfied with less. We can put people on the moon. I'm sure we can out-wit a deer is we reallt try!
This is exactly why guys go back to traditional equipment.
If we make this easy it won't be any fun.

Hey scout, why would you want to buy two of them if the technology will make it to easy for you? I also see you use a compound bow, what other gadgets do you use?

Put back into context, my words - "make it theft proof and I'll take two of them" was to figuratively suggest the inventor would sell more product if it was theft proof. "That is the main reason I have not thought of getting one" Is to say, If it's may initial thought of the product others will feel the same. As for my 01-25-01 post about technology, it seems you took it personal. I did'nt say that you should'nt use one. Or that you should find the time it takes to scout. I was pointing out that the feeling of success is greater when the method is most challenging. I said "This is exactly why GUYS go back to traditional exuipment" I would have used "I" if I claimed to the a traditional archer. (I do hunt with a recurve also) So as for the compound? you bet! I have a big bag "gadgets" I use. I even have some extra TACT, need some!

Check out this picture i got of a FAWN still with spots with my camera.This picture was taken on January 30th at 1:08pm. I saw this deer several times through the bow season and I was hoping that it was still alive. Thanks to my BUCKAM I know that it still is. I posted a topic in November called "a fawn in November" under username BUCK. I cant believe that it still has spots!!How is this possible? http://albums.photopoint.com/j/view?u=1419704&a=10622766&p=39896352&sequence=0&res=high

Not cool Scooby Doo. We all pitched in and made an effort to help one another, for you to try and make a buck or two with our ideas isn't right. At least let others know where they can get the information for free and if they still want you to build them one then no problem.

We all had a hand in making the cameras work, do you plan on splitting your profits? Please reconsider what you're doing.

Hey guys I knew nothing of this web site. We really did make this camera from scatch. I wish that I had known about it because it would have made things alot easier. Believe me I would never try to make $ off of someone elses idea. Im sorry if some of you guys are mad but you can believe me or not. If I would have known I would have told you guys. Im an honest guy and try to get along with everyone. Hope this helps. Good bye!
TTM

[This message has been edited by Scooby Doo (edited 02-08-2001).]

<cough> BS. Let's see, the same PIR sensor with the same tape job to narrow the beam and I bet, just out of coincidence right, you discovered the same camera and wiring. A Canon Owl camera right? This info was posted on many public hunting forums last summer and fall for free and you just happened to post this a month later. Hmmmmm.

Feel free to drop by the TnDeer forum and post your pic of your cam and try and blow your smoke up their skirts. There must be at least 10 other cams pictured on the website that look exactly like yours. Wow! More coincidences.

I could give a rats butt if you want to sell these cameras, but spare us the insult of saying you and your bud figured this out. The only thing you guys figured out was how to load the printer paper to print out the webpage once you found our game camera website.

For the record, here is some cams from our webpage

cam-hb-robnhood-regent-owl-PF.jpg

cam-hb-ron-shealer-1st.jpg

cam-hb-gizz-regent-ms20-2cams.jpg

And here is Scooby's cam which appeared a few months later after the above cams were made and posted to several hunting forums like Hunting.net, Hunt America, The Bowsite, HuntInfo.com etc.

cam-hb-scooby-ms20.jpg

Rut row Shaggy,

Adios,

[This message has been edited by spectr17 (edited 02-14-2001).]

Further proof that Scooby was stealing ideas for his camera. Here he is checking out my homebrew trail camera

View

[This message has been edited by Welby (edited 03-16-2001).]

Ha, you guys don't cut eachother much slack do you!

Have a great weekend everyone!

The Staff

Top Bottom