Travel Trailer Campers

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear & Equipment' started by flugge, Oct 3, 2018.

1. flugge

flugge PMA Member

So the wife and myself are wanting to make the plunge and buy a camper (and get a good deal this time of year).. We dont know "a lot" about them, but does anyone have recommendations on which brands to stay away from? So far if we find one, we attempt to do a google search and see what kind of reviews, but I figured there might be enough knowledge on this site to help us too.
    Currently, we found a Cruiser RV MPG camper we like, but there are 37 bad reviews of water leaks. Now the reviews are from 2013-2015 so I am sort of taking them with a grain of salt, but I just dont know anything about the campers themselves. The wife originally wanted a Winnebago, but they are out of our price range currently. Any help or direction would be great. Thanks

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. mplane72

mplane72 Active Member

Hmmm. Nothing comes to mind as far as what brands to stay away from, dealers maybe. IMO buying a camper is worse then buying a car. If you look you will find complaints about all brands I think.

I would say make sure you buy one that is big enough to really suit your needs and not leave you wanting more. On the flip side make sure you get something that you're truck will pull well and you are comfortable handling. I have seen more then one friend end up with a new truck not long after buying a new camper.

Also sending a PM.

flugge likes this.
  4. Obsessed

Obsessed Active Member

Warranty and roof integrity are extremely important IMO. If buying used, then probably just roof integrity, obviously. Things tend to go south REAL quick when rainwater starts getting in.

flugge likes this.
  5. Bowtech84

Bowtech84 PMA Member

We bought a mpg 3100bh (cruiser) last spring and so far so good. No complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. kevpann

kevpann PMA Member

Duck coat the roof as soon as you find one. Also a slide out in the living room part is nice. Good luck great time of year to buy one.