Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tree Stand Harness

Outdoor Family

With recent accidents of falling from trees while hunting, my concerns have increased to the next level. Not only my safety as a husband and father, but my children now are in hang on and ladder stands. Most of the stands today come with a safety harness, which we use. I have seen some of the $100 safety systems and wondering if the full body harness we use are not as safe something else???
What do you guy's use????

I'd say as long as you wear one that wraps around your waist, legs and over your shoulders...AND you wear it snug with your "lifeline" attached above your head (so you don't fall too far before the lifeline gets tight) you'll be fine.

All safety harness sold with treestands have to be certified, so the "freebies" are just as safe as the expensive aftermarket ones, but not nearly as comfortable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turtL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd say as long as you wear one that wraps around your waist, legs and over your shoulders...AND you wear it snug with your "lifeline" attached above your head (so you don't fall too far before the lifeline gets tight) you'll be fine.

All safety harness sold with treestands have to be certified, so the "freebies" are just as safe as the expensive aftermarket ones, but not nearly as comfortable. </div></div>

I agree but as noted it's the lifeline that will save your life. The harness will do you no good if you fall on the way up or step into your stand and just for a moment...your not attached....

Top Bottom