Tree stand safety harness FREE

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear & Equipment' started by bulldogger55, Nov 1, 2012.

1. bulldogger55

bulldogger55 Member

I have 20+ safety harnesses that came with tree stands that I have accumulated and would be happy to give to anybody who needs one. Local pickup in Council Bluffs area or I will even ship to you for free if you will wear it and potentially avoid an accident.

I always wear a harness and want everyone else to get into the practice of wearing one also. PM me for pickup details or shipping address.

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. redcorn

redcorn Member

Have you ever tried to put one of those on.... lol mine all went in the trash

4. NWBuck

NWBuck PMA Member

Couldn't agree more...what a pain. I've got about a half dozen in the garage that someone could have too.

NWBuck

5. Altiman94

Altiman94 Member

This is a great gesture. Having one of these is still better than not having one at all.

I wore the one my lone wolf treestand came with for years. After I sold that stand to use my hang on more, I ended up having to buy a harness.

Hope you get lots of takers. I don't like hearing of hunters falling from stands due to not having a safety harness.

6. skyleralan

skyleralan PMA Member

I have a garage full as well, has to be some type of use for these things that we could modify.

7. Mike Hofer

Mike Hofer New Member

I live in Council Bluffs and i would really appreciate 1 or 2 of those. The one i have now is junk and unsafe. Give me a call at 712-251-4438

8. AZHunter

AZHunter Fire Eater

I couldn't agree more. I practiced with the one my old Gorilla stand came with and quickly learned that I didn't like it. I bought a new one that was way better, but the bottom line is that one of the free ones that comes with your stand is FAR better than not having one. Too many statistics can be prevented.

9. SCOFFIN

SCOFFIN Miles Coffin

I too have a bunch.. Sacraficed one to make backpack carrying straps for a treestand. Seems to be a good way to get some use out of them..

10. deeraddict

deeraddict PMA Member

That is true, I just heard this morning a 38 yr old hunter from Vinton fell 17 ft to his death this weekend. Wear a harness everyone, any kind.

11. iabwhntr

iabwhntr Active Member

I heard the same thing.
    I think that's pretty stand up of you guys to hand out harnesses like that. Salute
    :way:

12. deeraddict

deeraddict PMA Member

I just found one last night, new in the package, if anyone wants it P.M. me and I will ship it out.

13. Mike Hofer

Mike Hofer New Member

I picked up 2 of these harnesses. Way better than what i had. Safety is a huge issue as we all know. I hunted with one this last weekend and just the peace of mind knowing that I was in a much better harness was worth it all. A harness that takes a little time to get into and be safe is better that no harness at all.

14. colorado

colorado ArrowAddict

I got a couple harnesses from bulldogger today. Just wanted to say thank you! There aren't very many people that will help someone for nothing! Thanks bulldogger !

15. Mike Hofer

Mike Hofer New Member

X2. Bulldogger, I was supposed to give you heck about your ability to hit anything smaller than a barn. From your barber friend. Thanks for the harnesses.

16. dedgeez

dedgeez death from above

I had a ton of these as well and donated them to a local 4H youth group. If you are looking for ideas on how to get rid of them I would look at youth organizations and get them in the habit of wearing a harness. Just an idea for ya if you have extras.

17. INative

INative New Member

I think I have 4 brand new ones in my garage, all from stands I bought this year. Pm me your name and address and ill ship them out USPS for free.

18. 816

816 Member

I have several available as well... PM if in need!

Been on several rescues for fallen hunters. Wear 'em, its never pleasant!

19. daryl tjaden

daryl tjaden Member

All harnesses should be brought to a hunter safety course or everyone should bring them to the Iowa Deer Classic and leave them at a booth to be given away.

20. Texas Bone Collector88

Texas Bone Collector88 New Member

I'm am in need of a harness times are to tough right now can't afford one. My address is 223 League Line Rd. Smithville, Texas 78957 it would be greatly appreciated an put to use Thank you an Happy Hunting.

21. deeraddict

deeraddict PMA Member

Mailing my last one out tomorrow to a member.