Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Treestand deals

skyleralan

PMA Member
Looking for some aluminum stands if anyone knows of any off-season deals let me know. Can never have too many stands.....:)

I always pick up a couple hang ons at Menards in Jan for $30 at most. Haven't looked this time of year though

Sent from my XT1030 using IW

Several New in Box Aluminum stands with "Off-Season Sale" Pricing
- Ameristep Bone Collector Aluminum $45
- Muddy Vantage $179
- Lone Wolf Alpha II $199

Just bought my first Xop. Awesome stand. I Stay away from that 30$ garbage.

Hey now lol. To each their own. Been doing so for years and works great but that's just me! I stay away from the $100+ waste of money ;)

I have never had an issue with the cheapie stands, but I did have a set of cheap steps fold in half on me one year. These were the Guide Gear steps from Sportsman's Guide. There is a picture of it in my albums. All I can say is, thankfully I was wearing harness.

forum

Last edited:
Several different kinds of individual climbing sticks but no full-length 20" sticks.
Muddy 32" Outfitters, Lone Wolf, and Ameristep Rapid Rails Combo Packs

OK Thanks anyways. I am after the cheapos that I don't ever intend to take down once they are up. No one has them in stock at the moment.

There are many reasons a person might fall from a tree. I am to young to die and dont intend to invite disaster. I dont know how companies like big dog get a license to sell when gorilla goes under. There is no way to make and sell a quality safe stand for 29$. I am not rich and I save for each stand I have, safety first. I am not asking for agreement, my opinion.

Very good point. I'll add that these cheapo stands are for me only...if someone else were going to use them, that could change my stance entirely

I buy a lot of stuff from sportsmans guide...I just bought 2 big game horizon stands for 40$ a piece...and they had free shipping...very nice stands too....

Just traded for a bunch of brand new stands and steps
- Ameristep 2 man 15' Ladder Stand - New in Box - $89
- Big Game BearCat XL treestand - New in Box -$69
- Big Dog Guard Tower - New but no box - $350
- BIg Dog 20' Mini Ladder- New in box - $39
- BIg Game Stagger Step- strap on steps - Brand New - set of 3 for $35 (have 2 sets)

WHAT HAPPENED TO GORILLA TREESTANDS?!?!?! I didn't hear about this?!?!?!

Cheap stands, generically.... Whether "right or wrong" - what I do.... All of them get an extra super high quality fabric ratchet strap. At least one, if not 2. On top of what's there. They get a chain around them so if straps break, chain is solid. If you done this long enough - you know those straps are dangerous, a joke, meant for constant replacement & I LITERALLY SAW SOME TURN TO A TYPE OF POWDER & FALL APART. I lock chain for $3 and just cut the lock later if need to move em or take down, whatever (save your keys, better than my sloppiness). I have a tether climbing rope so I'm always tied in. I usually end up re-doing the stands every few years with new heavier cables & bolts. I also use bed liner spray so it stops the squeaking or whatever. I did have several of the River's edge or some pile of crap I got from sportsmans guide a long time ago. all of them - GARBAGE. Loud, no way to silence, incredibly loud & very uncomfortable little seats. Instead of giving them to someone else, I literally dumped them. Horrible.

NOW, yes, ok, I'm an old geezer, old fart & spend a little more. I'll only buy Lone wolfs (or buddy has XOP) or Milleniums. Hands down Millenium is nicest to sit in, quiet, quality, adjusts some to trees (not like LW), I get the huge platforms cause I'm so old (36) and want comfy & I don't move those. Unreal quality, I think even though pricey they are a far better deal than my cheapy stands. They are great! still do safety line, extra straps & chain though. Milleniums will be 75% of my future purchases if I ever buy more.

I think the giant ones I have are the M150. Snug at 30', I don't care if someone thinks they are "too big" cause I'm "too comfy sitting in it". I fit them up there tucked away great even though they big. I think the small trees or tighter spots I use M25 or M50 I think???
http://millenniumstands.com/products

Stupid stuff guys don't think about.... these seats are comfy, great for back and DON'T FALL APART! So, I put up some Muddy stands. What do the seats look like year later - falling apart, faded, rotted, gone/useless. Never need to worry bout that with Millenium & they are more comfy by far. Better for your back which is big at this Senior Citizen age of mine. My muddy's squeak after a year, I have to fidget & take em apart & spray with bed liner (just typical stuff shipped in from China, like most things). Millenium - no way. Had some (not advised) hanging in same tree for 5 years, functions like new. I'm not saying you "get what you pay for" - I'm saying you get MORE than what you pay for if you buy a $150 Millenium VS a $45 River's edge or some crap. I do like some redone Big Dogs (giant ones) I made better but I'm kinda stuck on Milleniums & the price is cheaper when you buy em and shop around & they last long time, comfy, quiet, safer (IMO), solid, etc. NOT SURE - are these made in America? Might not be, actually googling this now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom