Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tresspaser

One thing is for sure - All these tresspasser threads have caused a whole lot of new people to join IowaWhitetail!

Nice to see that!

It looks like this thead has more hits than only 3 others and it will probably pass all of them before the end of the week!

I've been to dbltrees house a few times in the past few years and i haven't been to michigan in that time...great house, great land, great wife, and great guy!!!

sounds like u guys need to find out where this guy lives and works, its not iowa!

I live in Birmingham Iowa...I do programming from my home for a company in MI . My wife works for a local Chamber of Commerce, my son goes to Indian Hills college in Ottumwa and works for Cargill in Ottumwa.

I live a mile from Chris Flynn our local IDNR Conservation Officer and we have owned our farm for 16 years now and are members of the Zion Bible Church in Douds Iowa. If anyone has even the slightest doubt...please call Officer Flynn and ask him to give me a call (numbers in the phone book...;) )

None of that has anything to do with people trespassing on my land but everyone is welcome to stop by and say hi anytime...:way:

Last edited:
Great thread....Thanks to Dbletree for starting it and giving attention to the too common problem of tresspassing. I don't know him but I have spent hours on this site reading all of the great information that he has posted over the years.....site wouldn't be the same without him!
A few have complained about the tresspassers name being dragged through the mud.....yes, he is paying the price (in a few ways!) for his actions. We must remember that he is paying for HIS actions. I wonder if Dbletree had caught him and never posted this thread.....if he had received a $25.00-50.00 fine and the general public/his sponsors never found out.....would that have been a deterent? Would it have kept him off someone elses property in the future? Even if that fine would have convinced him, I think that we all know that there are some people who would continue to tresspass and take the chance for a mere 25-50 bucks. These people need to know that there is more at stake than a small fine. In this day and age with cameras everywhere you would have to be a fool not to think that your actions may not be put in the public spotlight. Politicians and celebrities deal with that everyday. What do you want your "10 minutes of fame" to be?? -act accordingly!
I hope that everyone keeps posting these type of pictures here, and that the word gets out to these violators....STOP TRESSPASSING!
To the few who have said "we all have made mistakes", yes we have. We have all been given second chances I am sure. But, this guy is no teenager making a stupid mistake, he is a grown man that should know better...and if he doesn't know better by now, then he needs an eye opener like this.
Great of Dbletree to forgive him....shame on the violator or his friends or whoever to try to drag Dbletree's reputation into this.

I have one thing I would like to say to the Tresspaser! You are a Tresspasser!
You had to cross 3 strand barb wire and a county road in order to get from property where you MAY have had permission (if you were indeed lost and not dropped off)

Roll your so-called friend, I believe you are making a big mistake by not telling the truth of who really put you up to this tresspasing act. I believe you would not have been on this property at all if he didnt tell you to go. To bad you allowed yourself to be a follower.Your only true chance for regaining respect is to be trueful/tell the truth and find a new Friend/Archery Buddy as fast as possible.

Have you ever head the saying (You are a reflectrion of who you hang around)
So sorry for you.

Great thread....Thanks to Dbletree for starting it and giving attention to the too common problem of tresspassing. I don't know him but I have spent hours on this site reading all of the great information that he has posted over the years.....site wouldn't be the same without him!
A few have complained about the tresspassers name being dragged through the mud.....yes, he is paying the price (in a few ways!) for his actions. We must remember that he is paying for HIS actions. I wonder if Dbletree had caught him and never posted this thread.....if he had received a $25.00-50.00 fine and the general public/his sponsors never found out.....would that have been a deterent? Would it have kept him off someone elses property in the future? Even if that fine would have convinced him, I think that we all know that there are some people who would continue to tresspass and take the chance for a mere 25-50 bucks. These people need to know that there is more at stake than a small fine. In this day and age with cameras everywhere you would have to be a fool not to think that your actions may not be put in the public spotlight. Politicians and celebrities deal with that everyday. What do you want your "10 minutes of fame" to be?? -act accordingly!
I hope that everyone keeps posting these type of pictures here, and that the word gets out to these violators....STOP TRESSPASSING!
To the few who have said "we all have made mistakes", yes we have. We have all been given second chances I am sure. But, this guy is no teenager making a stupid mistake, he is a grown man that should know better...and if he doesn't know better by now, then he needs an eye opener like this.
Great of Dbletree to forgive him....shame on the violator or his friends or whoever to try to drag Dbletree's reputation into this.

I can promise you that the fine will be atleast ten times the $25-50 you have mentioned. It is not a set fine and is assessed by a judge and can be as high as $1000. Trespassing while hunting is not the same as a regular trespass charge an it will also count as three points in your hunting/fishing record and you lose your hunting rights for one year if you have five points in a five year period. So don't think he is getting off easy I'm sure if he gets charged with one or more trespassing charges and also no orange he will not be hunting next year and will have to come up with a good amount of cash to cover his fines

All this sounds like furtrade and TRESSPASSER very likely wear the same skin or at the very least are related. Perhaps he is the one who said "I would like to introduce my father, uncle, and brother" and there is only one other male in the room. ;)
Seems to be a lot of stupid misinformation directed at discrediting the one guy who did some thing CORECTLEY in this incident. We have sold Paul several cars and trucks and he has always checked out with complete Iowa residency documentation and is not on any terrorist watch list( perhaps that will be the next line of attack that this creep makes up).
Keep pushing the issue Paul, GREAT WORK!! :way:

Yes, I am the one in the pics, my story is rather simple, it was a beautifull day and I wanted to get out somewhere. I was just walking around the woods, thecking things out, I had never set foot on any of this property in my life. about 11 days later I got a call from a friend, he said that a guy had pics of me trespassing, I said that it must be a mistake, send me the pic, as soon as I got it and figured out about where I was at that time, it was clear that I had indeed went one area to far to the north. Within hours of learning this I e-mailed the landowner and told him of my error. I gave him a sincer appoligy and guarenteed him that it would never happen again. His reply was to call me a lier and he had a large story of all the things that I could have been doing wrong. I told him That I was sorry, and that I was pretty disapointed in myself for not paying more attention when I was told where I could go. It was a simple mistake, the moment that I learned of my mistake I stood up, came forward and informed the landowner, what else could I do, I didn't make up a story about tracking a wounded animal onto his land, I told the truth, thats the only way I know, anyone that knows me I am sure will understand, It seems a lot of people on here just can't wait to put people down. Tell me, I didn't plan on trespassing but it happened, what would you do, and how would you like to be treated if it was a honest mistake like me. I have never been on this site or posted a pic of any of my game like this man has said, many other things he has said are not true also. Just remember that his goal is to make as much out of this so that nobody else will want to get anywhere near his neck of the woods.

Still gotta pay for honest mistakes...we all make em and it happens :way:

Also, keep that blaze orange on for future reference/mistakes so others will know where you are at for safety reasons...I have known several that trespass and that is exactly what they do so they are less noticeable. :drink2:

i have been reading this and found out who one of his neighbors is,also an outfitter,heard dbltree lives in michigan and made himself a resident in the mid 90,s and owned no land and did not work here and hunted here, eventually bought some land years later and still a resident, but lives in michigan 12 months a year,yes tresspassing sux and he was wrong and admitted it but this guy is no saint and even worse.....if your life long member of iowa. think about it..

If Paul does not live in IA, then call him on it and send out the CO, sheriff or whatever is needed to prove or disapprove this notion. ;)

Unfortunately neighbors are often the trespassers or play a role in trespassing, exactly what appears to have happened here. Too many people take it personally when a place they use to hunt comes under new ownership (or is leased) and somehow feels cheated because they no longer have free permission.

Its unfortunate but IMHO deer management signs can invite extra attention to your land. Extra attention usually means more tresspassing and even poaching. I know in my area if word gets out of a nice buck in an area the road watchers increase 10 fold which for most is not a problem but for some who cannot resist the temptation can be.

Hopefully if what Dbltree is saying about it being a group effort the others will man up and they can get everything straightened out. It's bad enough worrying about random tresspassers but its much worse if you think neighbors are doing it behind your back.

Dbltree is the man, he can digitally impose an image of himself to make it appear that he lives in Iowa, but really lives in Mich. Or maybe he cloned himself so he could be in two places at once. But either way Fur Trader he had things figured out untill the facts you received from your reliable source busted him out of his conspiracy. I tell you what he had me fooled when I ran into him at the local Orschlens store. Man he is good. LMFAO

Although this is my first post, I have been visiting this site since 2003. I believe that Dbltree is doing exactly what needs to be done!
I hope this thread helps to open the eyes of future potential trespassers to think twice before crossing the line!!

archery20

Heck it makes even more sense now...T.H. thinks I live somewhere else so..."hey Gene he's miles away...run em out to me!":rolleyes:

Guess the gig is up now T...BTW...GK is waiting for you to call him back....he'd really like to have a chat with you...;)

Ohh...and the farm between us that you have been blatantly hunting on for so long...you know...the one that the owners allow NO HUNTING on at all...turns out they would like to chat with you also...

You know folks...I really love helping people learn how to improve their habitat on their own but I also realized that many landowners simply don't have the time to do many projects. I sent out a few emails letting long time friends here on IW know that I can do those projects for them if they wanted me too (you got the cost share...I got the time! :D )

Within a week I was swamped with work and every day on my way home from doing TSI/hinging projects I answer the phone calls received during the day...turns out there is a need and I can help landowners out on a more personal level with their habitat projects.

Every morning I head into the timber...chainsaw in hand and one friend who has been following this thread said...gee...must be a long drive from MI to those TSI projects every morning...:grin:

Couldn't help but think today that if "T" had spent a little time in Dbltree's Corner learning how to improve his habitat...he wouldn't have had to send Gene to chase the deer out of mine....;)

Yes, I am the one in the pics, my story is rather simple, it was a beautifull day and I wanted to get out somewhere. I was just walking around the woods, thecking things out, I had never set foot on any of this property in my life. about 11 days later I got a call from a friend, he said that a guy had pics of me trespassing, I said that it must be a mistake, send me the pic, as soon as I got it and figured out about where I was at that time, it was clear that I had indeed went one area to far to the north. Within hours of learning this I e-mailed the landowner and told him of my error. I gave him a sincer appoligy and guarenteed him that it would never happen again. His reply was to call me a lier and he had a large story of all the things that I could have been doing wrong. I told him That I was sorry, and that I was pretty disapointed in myself for not paying more attention when I was told where I could go. It was a simple mistake, the moment that I learned of my mistake I stood up, came forward and informed the landowner, what else could I do, I didn't make up a story about tracking a wounded animal onto his land, I told the truth, thats the only way I know, anyone that knows me I am sure will understand, It seems a lot of people on here just can't wait to put people down. Tell me, I didn't plan on trespassing but it happened, what would you do, and how would you like to be treated if it was a honest mistake like me. I have never been on this site or posted a pic of any of my game like this man has said, many other things he has said are not true also. Just remember that his goal is to make as much out of this so that nobody else will want to get anywhere near his neck of the woods.

And bright too!!!
HA HA Fur Trade can't spell either! I wonder if they are related!
:thrwrck:

Last edited:
Within a week I was swamped with work and every day on my way home from doing TSI/hinging projects I answer the phone calls received during the day...turns out there is a need and I can help landowners out on a more personal level with their habitat projects.

Every morning I head into the timber...chainsaw in hand and one friend who has been following this thread said...gee...must be a long drive from MI to those TSI projects every morning...:grin:

Couldn't help but think today that if "T" had spent a little time in Dbltree's Corner learning how to improve his habitat...he wouldn't have had to send Gene to chase the deer out of mine....;)

You would be the first to get a call from me...if I didn't enjoy doing it so much on my own. :grin:

Top Bottom