Tresspaser

Discussion in 'Iowa Whitetail Conference' started by dbltree, Jan 6, 2011.

1. rutnstrut

rutnstrut PMA Member

I dont know for sure but I think all trespass fines are assessed on a case by case basis by the judge, and if that is the case then maybe the max is $5000. If I remember right I was told that the fine for a trespass while hunting could be as high as $1000 maybe it just increases the max to $5000 if is on leased hunting ground but I wouldnt think it would make it a set fine but I dont know thats just a guess.

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. timekiller

timekiller No, you can't pet him.

Trespassing while hunting deer is a simple misdemeanor, and if they shoot one the deer is subject to seizure.

4. jclaws

jclaws PMA Member

5. Field Service

Field Service New Member

Just a thought

Be careful writing a hunting lease agreement. Lots of the land we hunt is in the Timber Reserve Program. I could see a lot of back taxes being due if you ever had to use that lease agreement in court....

6. rmomn

rmomn New Member

Treaspass signs

Here is one that I saw in a magazine.
    "Is there life after death
    Trespass and find out"
    I'm actually thinking about making some of these up and putting them on a boarder with county land that I have problems with people trespassing

7. Earl E. November

Earl E. November Member

The way I understand it, if someone trespasses on a lease he can in addition to being charged for trespassing can be sued in civil court for damages to the least.. But it's very hard to prove damage above the price of the lease.
    If the leases is only $1.00 that would be tha maximum damage you could get out of him

8. SHEDZILLA

SHEDZILLA New Member

9. Shoot2Kill

Shoot2Kill Active Member

WOW!

I was sort of offline for about 3 weeks, other than on my phone. This week when I was back at work and had a chance to catch up on IW I was reading all the CWD threads, etc and somehow didn't see this one. This morning when I logged in this one was at top and when I saw it had 29 pages I went straight to the coffee pot and fired it up! When I left this thread was at like page 5 or 6.......now 29 pages! This one is a legend!

What a rollercoaster thread though! The cam pics, finding out who it is, the tresspasser's totally pathetic post, dbltree living in Michigan (WTH! hahaha), the tide soap box and Nanny the snuggler, the suggestion to be nice to the felons because of fear, and then the completely pathetic penalty for being convicted of tresspassing. Been a great read this morning! Classic.

Congrats dbltree for busting him and learning about the practices of your "neighbors".

That fine is just another prime example of how weak the fines and punishment are in this country....it's just sad.

Keep posting up the tresspassing pics....these are great threads!