Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tresspaser

What a worthless piece of trash, if he shows up at the classic someone should place signs everywhere of the white trash scum informing everyone of his lack of ethics.. on a side note I can only dread what tommorow will bring, everyone hide because the inbred brainless fools will be slinging rifle shots everywhere.

Dbltree thanks for helping your local law enforcement do their job. I have many times been sent to trespassing complaints in my area only to have the landowner ask me to chew them out and tell them not to return, like that does any good. If more landowners would conduct themselves as you have there would be much less violations.

Everyone on this site who is an honest, ethical, law abiding hunter should be doing everything they can to lobby for tougher trespassing laws that have some real teeth in them. Something that acts as a real deterent. Currently I can hunt all the best properties, Drury's, Kisky's,Dblltrees, Sligh1's the old Soronski's property, etc. and take advantage of all of their hard work and what is the worse thing that can happen, a slap on the wrist, a few hundred dollar fine.....but, most of the time I won't even get caught and I might even slip out with a monster buck that they grew just for my sorry A--......I hate the slobs who have no regard for private property. We work our rear off, work two or three jobs to pay for and invest in our farms, our passion, only to have the some dishonest, lowlife, weasel himself onto our property, poach deer/antlers and most of the time walk out free and clear.......sickening......LET'S PUSH FOR TOUGHER, MORE MEANINGFUL FINES.....MAKE IT HURT !!

Everyone on this site who is an honest, ethical, law abiding hunter should be doing everything they can to lobby for tougher trespassing laws that have some real teeth in them. Something that acts as a real deterent. Currently I can hunt all the best properties, Drury's, Kisky's,Dblltrees, Sligh1's the old Soronski's property, etc. and take advantage of all of their hard work and what is the worse thing that can happen, a slap on the wrist, a few hundred dollar fine.....but, most of the time I won't even get caught and I might even slip out with a monster buck that they grew just for my sorry A--......I hate the slobs who have no regard for private property. We work our rear off, work two or three jobs to pay for and invest in our farms, our passion, only to have the some dishonest, lowlife, weasel himself onto our property, poach deer/antlers and most of the time walk out free and clear.......sickening......LET'S PUSH FOR TOUGHER, MORE MEANINGFUL FINES.....MAKE IT HURT !!

Hey now, you're gonna be on my place now!?!? I'm gonna have to get Dbltree a quick message too!
Right on Jimbo, you're words are right on and that's the way it'll get done (as well as the fellas who take the awesome approach of getting these clowns known by use of cameras & this site! :way:)

Sounds great to me Jimbo , I vote for $1,000.00 trespass fine . I heard thats the fine in some of the states out east . That would surely get more peoples attention .:way:

guys like this make me so dam mad.. im just a hunter that has to work my butt off to find a place to hunt with out tresspassing and i end up on public land.. all he has to do is walk in on a place that someone worked there butt off to have a great hunting spot.. and say "whoops i guess i went to far north".. guess it helps not to be able to read... i hope they fry him... sorry for the languge but i have tresspasser that pheasant hunt on my place... sorry again just had to but my 2 cents in lol

Yes, I am the one in the pics, my story is rather simple, it was a beautifull day and I wanted to get out somewhere. I was just walking around the woods, thecking things out, I had never set foot on any of this property in my life. about 11 days later I got a call from a friend, he said that a guy had pics of me trespassing, I said that it must be a mistake, send me the pic, as soon as I got it and figured out about where I was at that time, it was clear that I had indeed went one area to far to the north. Within hours of learning this I e-mailed the landowner and told him of my error. I gave him a sincer appoligy and guarenteed him that it would never happen again. His reply was to call me a lier and he had a large story of all the things that I could have been doing wrong. I told him That I was sorry, and that I was pretty disapointed in myself for not paying more attention when I was told where I could go. It was a simple mistake, the moment that I learned of my mistake I stood up, came forward and informed the landowner, what else could I do, I didn't make up a story about tracking a wounded animal onto his land, I told the truth, thats the only way I know, anyone that knows me I am sure will understand, It seems a lot of people on here just can't wait to put people down. Tell me, I didn't plan on trespassing but it happened, what would you do, and how would you like to be treated if it was a honest mistake like me. I have never been on this site or posted a pic of any of my game like this man has said, many other things he has said are not true also. Just remember that his goal is to make as much out of this so that nobody else will want to get anywhere near his neck of the woods.

I know exactly where this occurred and your story is simply not credible whatsoever. This was not a case of an honest misunderstanding or getting lost in the woods or a rookie hunter losing his way, etc. I also do noy buy that you were just "checking things out" since among other things you had a powerful handgun in your possession.

"One area too far to the north" involved crossing a county road in this case, not an invisible border in the middle of a timber or an old, downed fenceline, etc. Never mind the no trespassing signs you walked past, if you would have us believe that you didn't knowingly go for a walk on someone elses land then you really are not intelligent enough to have a gun in your hand.

Not buying it...deal with the consequences.

Tresspasser

Hey Gene if you were lost why would you walk two miles when you could just get on your cell phone and call for help? I would bet the house you own one and you were on it that day. That may be some information the CO might want to look at.

Hey Gene if you were lost why would you walk two miles when you could just get on your cell phone and call for help? I would bet the house you own one and you were on it that day. That may be some information the CO might want to look at.

Even folks that weren't there can put the pieces of this puzzle together...;)

Turns out it went something like this....

Gene hunts/drives my place to the road but is surprised to see a truck setting there (mine)...within feet of where he comes out. He calls his partner in crime (neighboring landowner) who then calls another neighbor friend of mine.."hey...what kind of truck does dbltree drive??...friend tells him and thinks nothing more of it (partner in crime is back in the timber and would have no way of knowing a truck was on the road)...I think most of you can start to see big picture here and that this wasn't a one man show.

I vote for $1,000.00 trespass fine
It's that time of year and we can all easily send a short note to our legislators asking for higher trespassing fines due to increased illegal activity.

I'd like to put some of this in perspective with a little story if I may....

Not quite 40 years ago I was a teenager in high school, I had great God fearing parents who taught me to respect others so I rarely got in a lick of trouble anywhere let alone school. I did however have a penchant for teasing the girls so when our English teacher gave us an assignment and stepped out of the room I couldn't resist the urge to play a little prank on the girl seated in front of me.

She had kicked her shoes off and
slid them backwards towards me giving me ample opportunity get into some mischief which at the time seemed far more fun then studying. I slowly and carefully slid my pencil under her shoe and was attempting to hand it off to my friend Lonny in the next aisle...when the door opened.

The teacher walked straight to his desk and motioned for me to came up
and...assume the position! To this day I have never experienced such physical pain as I did when that big heavy paddle drilled full of holes slammed against my backside. As bad as that was it was nothing compared to the embarrassment and humiliation I felt walking back to my chair with the whole class staring at me.

Seemed pretty harsh punishment for a simple prank but there was not a soul in this world to blame but myself. The teacher didn't hate me, he didn't have it in for me and he wasn't planning on having to punish me when he opened that class room door.

He expected us to respect him, his class and the rights of the other students to study in peace without being harassed and I blew it. Now folks...I may not be the brightest star in the sky but once was enough for me and I assure you that from that day forward when he left that room...you could hear a pin drop until he returned.
Being made an example of isn't much fun but good choices in life keep us from being in that position. My punishment was swift and severe and it made a life long impression...as I expect this will on the people involved in this case. I hope that it will also make an impression on the rest of the "class"....think long and hard before making a choice to engage in illegal activity because the repercussions may be far worse then just paying a fine.

To those of you who own land I encourage you to contact your CO immediately when there is any illegal activity not only on your farm but those of your neighbors. Look out for one another and apply the same principles used in urban "Neighborhood Watch" programs, let it be known you are keeping an eye on things and be sure to have your CO's ph # in your cell phone....;)

hey just a quick note on this wanted to let everybody know that your CO probably covers a large area and not always availiable. A deputy can write trespassing tickets as well. I keep their numbers in my phone also

depending on where your at i guess but alot of times you can call the sheriffs dept. and they will send who evers closes wether it be a deputy or CO

Imagine this: You are out shed hunting on YOUR OWN property. The perfect cloudy day, middle of the week, middle of the day(you took the day off). Your working your way through one of your favorite cedar choked, south facing slopes......you skirt around a big old cedar, glance uphill and 30 yards in front of you is a guy in full camo, packin' a weapon and carrying the left side of the big knarly old Non-Typ. you hunted all season and was wondering if he was still callin your farm home....The trespasser looks up and see you. You caught him red handed and he knows it...........who knows what happens next....it's not the scenario you want to be faced with when you were just out for the day trying to enjoy your own farm. It is however, a scenario that is becoming more of a distinct possibility as these people we see on camera continue to show total disregard for private property. The possibilty of some version of the above contrived storyline won't stop any of us from participating in this years shed hunting season.....I would like to propose the following if your are sick and tired of scumbags taking advantage of all of your hard work and the money you invested making your property the best it can be.....the deer hunting season is basically over......but the "catch the trespasser with camera traps" season has just begun ! So, spend some time planting sheds well within the borders of your property, place cameras on the sheds, place cameras in brush piles, old dump areas, hollow trees, high in trees, creek crossings, trails, bottlenecks....go hunting for the outlaws that steal from you and other folks who play by the rules. Sure some of them monitor this site, might wear face masks to avoid identification BUT the majority probably don't. The more cameras we have out, the more creeps we will catch, and we will keep them guessing.....and, if we can ever get stiffer penalties for trespassing we might start to slow the spread of the outlaws and lowlifes that show no respect for our property......Hey, just a thought.....might help to cure a little cabin fever !

Wow, my eyes hurt from reading this entire thread. All these trespassers on SD memory cards, but not ONE mountain lion, but according to Iowans, they are running rampant through the state.

Good for you Paul! Nobody likes a liar, a thief or a trespasser.

We don't have any of these issues in my area that I am aware of, but I know that road/illeal hunting exists I have just not witnessed it. I am no dummy. I proudly display QDM signs as well as no trespassing signs. I have been trying to convince my neighbors to help manage the area and share information with them so they know to a certain extent what the area is capable of. In turn all I get is more hunting and shooting of young bucks. I will continue to improve my land and make it the best possible hunting spot in the area no matter how hard it is to convince them. It's really all I have control over. I will complete my goals that much I know. I am sure with success and word of mouth these problems could potentially become a problem too, but I am well prepared on how to handle them if and when it ever does happen. The day someone steals one of my stands or one of my trail cameras is the day everything hits the fan, such as in this case.

Keep up the great work friend.

Andy

I wanted to offer a few thoughts.

I read this thread earlier in the week before the identity of the man in the picture was known. I've been perusing the replies over a pot of coffee and a quiet house this morning.

I'm glad to see that dbltree found out the identity of the guy he was looking for.

Dbltree has a great reputation on this site, and I'm very inclined to believe that he lives his life with upstanding values...even though I don't know him personally.

I don't know the accused. The story presented here doesn't paint him in a positive light.

These things being stated; let's not pile on. Let the courts and the big guy upstairs pass judgement. As a "community" we've been able to help out a fellow man with an issue. As a resource this site and its posters have proven to be of value to one another.

This man's name has been made public and for that he is going to have to make restitution via the damage to his reputation and the possibility of losing out on his livelihood. Voice your opinions to his sponsors. Voice your discontent with trespassing laws to our legislators. Voice your support to dbltree for following through on the prosecution of this individual.

For as cut and dried as this appears most of us still only know enough about this incident as what's been posted on this site. Keep that in mind before things spiral downward and a man's name really gets drug through the mud. Dbltree has offered his forgiveness.

I wanted to offer a few thoughts.

I read this thread earlier in the week before the identity of the man in the picture was known. I've been perusing the replies over a pot of coffee and a quiet house this morning.

I'm glad to see that dbltree found out the identity of the guy he was looking for.

Dbltree has a great reputation on this site, and I'm very inclined to believe that he lives his life with upstanding values...even though I don't know him personally.

I don't know the accused. The story presented here doesn't paint him in a positive light.

These things being stated; let's not pile on. Let the courts and the big guy upstairs pass judgement. As a "community" we've been able to help out a fellow man with an issue. As a resource this site and its posters have proven to be of value to one another.

This man's name has been made public and for that he is going to have to make restitution via the damage to his reputation and the possibility of losing out on his livelihood. Voice your opinions to his sponsors. Voice your discontent with trespassing laws to our legislators. Voice your support to dbltree for following through on the prosecution of this individual.

For as cut and dried as this appears most of us still only know enough about this incident as what's been posted on this site. Keep that in mind before things spiral downward and a man's name really gets drug through the mud. Dbltree has offered his forgiveness.

This is one of the more intelligent posts on here. Too many of you are so willing to flip the switch on the guy. Shameful it is, you offer no second chance. If I was never offered a second chance in life, I can't imagine where I'd be today. I also want to applaud Dbltree for doing the right thing and forgiving the guy. I hate trespassers and as a land owner myself, have dealt with trespassers. Never have killed one or sent one to jail but did give them the boot and never had a repeat that I know of. Let’s not forget the whole purpose is to keep unauthorized people off your land. Dbltree has taken the necessary steps to ensure this guy won’t be back. The trespasser admitted he was wrong, said he won’t do it again what more could you ask for? We could lop off his fingers so he could never shoot again. We could ruin his life and his livelihood. That would be worse than trespassing in my book. So for those of you that said burn him to the stake I’m ashamed to be associated with you.

This is one of the more intelligent posts on here. Too many of you are so willing to flip the switch on the guy. Shameful it is, you offer no second chance. If I was never offered a second chance in life, I can't imagine where I'd be today. I also want to applaud Dbltree for doing the right thing and forgiving the guy. I hate trespassers and as a land owner myself, have dealt with trespassers. Never have killed one or sent one to jail but did give them the boot and never had a repeat that I know of. Let’s not forget the whole purpose is to keep unauthorized people off your land. Dbltree has taken the necessary steps to ensure this guy won’t be back. The trespasser admitted he was wrong, said he won’t do it again what more could you ask for? We could lop off his fingers so he could never shoot again. We could ruin his life and his livelihood. That would be worse than trespassing in my book. So for those of you that said burn him to the stake I’m ashamed to be associated with you.
really? a guy works his tail off to manage a piece of ground make it better then it was when he got it pays payments all year and taxes as well only to go try to enjoy and find out somebody beat him out there camouflaged himself and attempted to drive deer off of it to a property where they can shoot them and you are ashamed to be associated with people that are against that. Unless I missed something I don't think anybody wanted him to be water boarded and bamboo shoots up his fingernails I think they just wanted him to have charges pressed against him sorry if I misunderstood that trespassers just really tick me off whats mine is mine and I don't like sharing without offering

really? a guy works his tail off to manage a piece of ground make it better then it was when he got it pays payments all year and taxes as well only to go try to enjoy and find out somebody beat him out there camouflaged himself and attempted to drive deer off of it to a property where they can shoot them and you are ashamed to be associated with people that are against that. Unless I missed something I don't think anybody wanted him to be water boarded and bamboo shoots up his fingernails I think they just wanted him to have charges pressed against him sorry if I misunderstood that trespassers just really tick me off whats mine is mine and I don't like sharing without offering
I believe you are confusing facts with accusations.

Top Bottom