Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tripod Enclosure

I have a couple of tripod stands (think Big Dog) that I'm wanting to enclose. They are 16' with a shooting rail around, square platform about 37" x 37". I know you can buy soft full enclosures for them, but wondering if anyone has enclosed something like this with something more permanent. I don't want to go too heavy, but wanting something that will hold up. In the past I've used camo cloth and cedar limbs to cover just from the platform up to the shooting rail. Wouldn't mind a full enclosure sometimes.

Or if anyone has the soft enclosure on one of these, how do you like it?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Not yet. I have seen the enclosures they make specifically for the stand I have, but they are like ground blind fabric. I think the sides would blow around a lot, so have been wanting to use something solid for sides at least below the shooting rail and possibly above with a roof. Not sure if sides above the shooting rail would limit using a bow too much or not. I was thinking make it similar to other tower blinds with windows that open on the sides as well as possibly in the corners, so you can just open what you need. Just not sure what the best material would be to stand up to the elements. I think it is rated for 300 lbs (person and gear) for safety, and anything you add to it would take off of that. I'm assuming it will hold more than that, but don't want to add too much more. I'm thinking wood or steel siding might be too much weight. Was considering corrugated plastic panels with a metal frame (the actual enclosure just uses the shooting rail frame and then has another frame for a roof with a couple uprights). The legs might need to be tied down better too if it has solid sides catching wind. I have rebar stakes in them right now.

Top Bottom