Trying to Slow Deer Down

Discussion in 'Iowa Whitetail Conference' started by The Silence, Jun 24, 2018.

1. The Silence

The Silence PMA Member

One of my sets involves a stand I have set up on a drainage with a narrow line of trees on one side of it. There is a strip of CRP on either side of the drainage which the deer use as travel corridors.There are distinct trails that they use located 20-25 yards from my stand. Sometimes the animals coming from the south are cruising along at a pretty good pace. I was thinking about digging a hole and sticking a small tree in it in order to set up a mock scrape. I'm hoping they would get in the habit of stopping by when they use the CRP as a travel corridor. Just wondering what you guys think? I'm also limited in how far I can swing my bow to the left so having something they get distracted with would help with this as well.

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. kelcher

kelcher Active Member

SOunds like a good plan. I don't see what it would hurt? Let us know how it works for you.

4. bigbuckhunter88

bigbuckhunter88 PMA Member

Before photobucket took all the pics hostage, 6x6 had a great thread about putting on rub trees with great success for his cams. I'm sure it's still in the trail cam section

5. LYON

LYON PMA Member

Sounds like a great idea to me. Give it a shot and see if it works!