Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trying to Slow Deer Down

The Silence

PMA Member
One of my sets involves a stand I have set up on a drainage with a narrow line of trees on one side of it. There is a strip of CRP on either side of the drainage which the deer use as travel corridors.There are distinct trails that they use located 20-25 yards from my stand. Sometimes the animals coming from the south are cruising along at a pretty good pace. I was thinking about digging a hole and sticking a small tree in it in order to set up a mock scrape. I'm hoping they would get in the habit of stopping by when they use the CRP as a travel corridor. Just wondering what you guys think? I'm also limited in how far I can swing my bow to the left so having something they get distracted with would help with this as well.

SOunds like a good plan. I don't see what it would hurt? Let us know how it works for you.

Before photobucket took all the pics hostage, 6x6 had a great thread about putting on rub trees with great success for his cams. I'm sure it's still in the trail cam section

Top Bottom