Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Turkey Regs

showstopper

PMA Member
I do not understand the language in the hunting regulations for turkey hunting. My nephew is going with his dad for 3rd and 4th season. I would like to take him out during youth season. Can a youth hunter go during youth season plus 3rd and 4th season? Thanks for the help in advance!!

Just 4th if he gets a youth season tag. If he just hunts the regular seasons (no youth season) he can hunt two just like any other hunter as long as all the other requirements are met like hunter safety or licensed adult (hunting / habitat) is with and turkey license for one of the 4 seasons. The hunter will need a turkey license for whatever seasons they are hunting.

You are allowed two turkeys. For example, I have a statewide archery tag to fill. Should I be successful in that venture, I may purchase a tag for any one of the remaining seasons in my attempt for a second bird. Should I fail to fill my second tag and a season is still available, I can purchase a third tag in my attempt at a second bird; and a fourth if needs be. I can hunt any of the "other than archery only" scheduled seasons w/ bow or gun. However, I hunt with a bow... always.
I personally had this verified by the local conservation officer up here prior to last season. Don't take my word for it. Verify for yourself. Contact your local CO. Best of luck with the birds.

buck50 said:
You are allowed two turkeys. For example, I have a statewide archery tag to fill. Should I be successful in that venture, I may purchase a tag for any one of the remaining seasons in my attempt for a second bird. Should I fail to fill my second tag and a season is still available, I can purchase a third tag in my attempt at a second bird; and a fourth if needs be. I can hunt any of the "other than archery only" scheduled seasons w/ bow or gun. However, I hunt with a bow... always.
I personally had this verified by the local conservation officer up here prior to last season. Don't take my word for it. Verify for yourself. Contact your local CO. Best of luck with the birds.

Really? I thought if you got a bow tag your only other option for a second bird with a gun was 4th season. Where do you hunt?

Really? I thought if you got a bow tag your only other option for a second bird with a gun was 4th season. Where do you hunt?

Like I said... "Don't take my word for it...Verify it." I only hunt with my bow. Where I hunt is my business.:moon:

If you buy a bow tag and fill it. Your only options are another bow tag or a 4th season gun/bow tag. Once you purchase 2 tags your done.

Not correct

You can shoot TWO male or bearded turkeys. That is it. Combo of seasons but you can only hunt 2 of the statewide seasons with a gun. If you choose the option of buying two bow tags they are valid during all four seasons.

If you buy any one of the three combination tags first then your second bird has to be a fourth season tag or a bow tag.
And that right there is verified jack!

You can shoot TWO male or bearded turkeys. That is it. Combo of seasons but you can only hunt 2 of the statewide seasons with a gun. If you choose the option of buying two bow tags they are valid during all four seasons.

If you buy any one of the three combination tags first then your second bird has to be a fourth season tag or a bow tag.
And that right there is verified jack!

Your almost there. But if you buy a gun/bow tag for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd season you cannot buy a bow tag after that. The only tag you'd be allowed would be a 4th season gun/bow tag.

For Example: You would not be able to buy a 1st season gun/bow tag and then buy the bow tag that would allow you to hunt for the rest of the year.

Two archery tags..... if not one has to be 4th season simple as that.

Mobil Cooter using IW

Top Bottom