Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Turky Day hunting ?

Ried#3

Ive been at the wrong place at the wrong time so far this year. As for as hunting the rest of the week, are the mornings with the effort at this point? All day sits? I’m usually tagged out at this point but no such luck this year!

If you have food plots I'd be camping them in the afternoon. Mornings I'd be be near doe bedding

No food plots for this guy. I hunt by permission only. I’m hunting river bottom farm ground. Surrounded by ag and river corridors and draws.

Season winding down so hunt every chance you get! If that means all day sits then by all means do it!
Good luck

I had crazy rutting activity all around me this morning. several hot does and lots of bucks chasing. Just nothing quite big enough. this period from like the 17th through thanksgiving has always been good for me. generally not lots of chasing, but it’s a good time to catch a mature buck cruising for the last few hot does.

If you have food plots I'd be camping them in the afternoon. Mornings I'd be be near doe bedding

Although you are not likely to see as many bucks cruising in the morning right now, it has been our experience that some of the very best bucks will go for a walk or two in the AM's right around Thanksgiving. In fact, one particularly old, wily buck was spotted for the first time all season on two consecutive years the day after Thanksgiving, in the AM. He was obviously on the look for the last doe he could get.

Morning sits are not a waste at this time IMO. I agree with food sources in the evening too.

How about Dec 1? Supposed to be cold, still think some bucks will be searching?
Hope so. We’ve killed mature bucks during shotgun that were chasing hot does, including one last year. Sometimes the fawn does will come into estrous really late like early December.

Ive been at the wrong place at the wrong time so far this year. As for as hunting the rest of the week, are the mornings with the effort at this point? All day sits? I’m usually tagged out at this point but no such luck this year!

I shot my archery deer last year the Sunday A.M. after Thanksgiving about 2hrs after daylight. By the time I got down, about an hour later I had seen every local buck I had on camera on that farm. So I guess long story short is dont give up theres still plenty of good hunting left and you never know when will be the best time without being there to see it unfold.

Top Bottom