Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Type of broadheads?

G

Great Lakes Hopeful

Just wondering what kind of broadheads you guys shoot, and why? Myself, I am hooked on the Puckett's bloodtrailer. We have had great success with them, rarely having well hit deer go more than 60-70 yards. I also like they they are one of few, truly, fully expandle broadhead. It helps when shooting a speed bow that's a little less unforgiving than milder shooting bows.

There was already a discussion on this that I decided it was better to stay out of, but since it keeps popping up...

I shoot 3 fixed blades. I used to shoot 4-blade with two large/two small, but I switched to the 3 blade with the chisel point instead of a blade point. I've never lined up the blades with the vanes except for a test to see if it made a difference: It doesn't.

I may not be a good example to follow since up until this year I shot a really old (30+ years) PSE bow. The deer didn't seem to notice, but I've taken plenty of guff from the guys I hunt with - "Did Fred Flinstone lend you that bow?"

I shoot Razorbac's sadley NAP discontinued this line I think they are a surperb broadhead. I feel I got better pen. because the broadhead insert could spin on the shaft unlike other types of broadheads the forward spinning thrust of the arrow would stop upon impact whereas with the RazorBac's the shaft is allowed to keep spinning giving better pen.
Fortunitly for me I have a good supply of the replacement cart.

I have been looking for razorback 5's now for
weeks????? this explains why I cant find them
anywhere....
whats one to do??? they flew straight for me
now what???
maybe the muzzy 4 blade???
dont even think about expandable heads..
lost a solid 140 to 145 buck a few years ago when they came out...that really stinks.
shot a clover eating groundhog the other day
with my last one..flew like a dart..
help if you can..doug

I shoot the Wensel Woodsman, great penetration, unbelievable blood trails and fly great. My second choice would be the snuffer. Nothing like a solid 3 blade cut on contact head to bring a whitetail down quickly.

I shoot the big Magnus two blade, 135 grains,
1 1/4 inch cut, man do they ever leave a big hole. Shot an elk last year with one, quartering away at 12 yards, after the shot she took 3 steps and collapsed. If I couldn't get any of the big Magnus heads my next choice would be the Wensel Woodsman.

Steve

Top Bottom