Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tyrone Wildlife Management Area question

scrapejuice

Tyrone Wildlife Management Area in Monroe county. Just wondering how much pressure it gets during November? Any thoughts and comments are appreciated.

I haven't hunted it, so keep that in mind, but I did shed hunt it thoroughly last year. It's a good area and I know there is big deer there but I didn't like all the tractor trails through it. It seems like you walk a ways and think you are finally in a good area when all the sudden your crossing a 30 foot wide mowed trail. I hate that. It essentially makes it fairly easy to get anywhere in the property. Easy access typically means more hunters.

You never know though. Most public doesn't get hunted hard during bow season. I would expect more out of staters there then residents. I do have the gps coordinates to that spot of every tree I picked out. I will never hunt it, so they are yours if you want them.

Hunted it last year. More activity than you think. alot of treestands all over the place. Never really saw any big bucks. Alot of human tracks.

I haven't hunted it, so keep that in mind, but I did shed hunt it thoroughly last year. It's a good area and I know there is big deer there but I didn't like all the tractor trails through it. It seems like you walk a ways and think you are finally in a good area when all the sudden your crossing a 30 foot wide mowed trail. I hate that. It essentially makes it fairly easy to get anywhere in the property. Easy access typically means more hunters.

You never know though. Most public doesn't get hunted hard during bow season. I would expect more out of staters there then residents. I do have the gps coordinates to that spot of every tree I picked out. I will never hunt it, so they are yours if you want them.

Dang! your like a walking log book of hunting areas in IA!!!:way: As you can tell, I'm beginning to narrow my search for my destination. I've got it down to 2 general areas. I've been crunching harvest #'s, talking on here and getting advice, just doing about all I can from here to pick the "right" spot. Eventually I know its going to come down to making some trips out there, and a huge dose of Lady Luck. But until then, I'll just keep gathering information until I get run off from this forum!:D

I will honestly have to say, that for the most part, the people on here have been a lot more helpful than people in KY would have been. You got some really nice people there in IA!!!!!!

Much of the south side of the managment area is planted in Ag fields and provided some great summer footage in the beans last year but this year it is all in corn as far as I could see the other day.

I don't know really how much pressure it gets but I do know there are quite a few large tracts around it that are pressured very little so the deer may retreat to these farms comes season.

Good luck!

GPS coordinates! Very generous Liv. I hope to see something really good come from all of your efforts SJ.

You can buy a Sportsman Atlas that shows all public access in every county, right down to the very small remote County spots. www.sportsmanatlas.com

Top Bottom