Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ulcer?????

THA4

A Few Steps Ahead Of You
has anyone on here ever had an ulcer????

Any and all jokes welcome on this topic.... it is self induced and i deserve whatever i get for asking this.....

BUT....

i have been having some serious stomach issues the last 3-4 months and i think it is getting to the point where it flat out sucks!!! close to unbareable....

if i eat ANYTHING i get nausiated to the point where im close to puking.... even a stiff glass of water is too much at times....

i beltch fire on a regular basis and feel like i have to swallow liquid hot "MAGMA" often....

i know i have acid reflux, but that is basically a heartburn issue... right??

my diet and lack of self control are to blame.... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif but i have also been under A LOT of stress lately and that might just add to the problem...

any thoughts????

oh, and fire away......
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I was there at one point in time, same symptoms/things you are talking about. Some nights I had to sleep sitting up.

I was too cheap to see a doctor and eventually things changed, not sure if the stresses in my life at that time changed or what, but I consider myself lucky that if I had an ulcer, that it didn't perforate.

So I guess my advice would be to see a doctor, maybe not what you want to here.

Oh yeah, alcohol aggravates it, so lay off that low grade wino swill! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

First thing to do to find out if you have an ulcer is, (this is going to be tough for you T) eat a big chef salad. If your stomach feels like it is trying to come through your belly button after that, you have an ulcer.

Seriously, those really suck, if you have one, get to a doctor and they can give you some pills to get you back on track /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

[burp]
oh goodness....

MAGMA

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> if i eat ANYTHING i get nausiated to the point where im close to puking.... even a stiff glass of water is too much at times....</div></div>

Time to see Doc. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

You already know this but it does sound like GERD, Gastric Esophageal Reflux Disease. Lots of meds on the market that work. Most are OTC, no prescription needed, but you gotta see a doc to be sure. You should really make an appointment with a medical professional to find out.

Your only symptom that doesn't really fit GERD is the nausea. Nausea can be triggered by pain though.

Until your appointment try Pepcid Complete. That stuff is the best. I can eat and drink the most rot gut stuff you can imagine, the last stuff I needed it for was a pasta dish with some sort of Cajun blackened calamari and andouli sausage with a reddish sauce of some kind with a couple of imported brews, man I was burnin like a nuclear reactor. I took a Pepcid Complete and was good to go in a few minutes.

If you are already on OTC acid reflux meds see the doc to adjust the dose. Get them to write a script and go to a pharmacy that does the $4.00 generic meds. It is much cheaper than buying it OTC. Unless you have medical insurance that pays 100% for generics, then it is free.

Bottom line, get a diagnosis, get meds, get better.

The 'Bonker

What Bonker said.

I'll add though- or at least ask. What are you doing now? What makes it better or worse?

Block the head of your bed up a couple inches, wear loose clothes, knock off ETOH, chocolate, caffeine, mint, and don't eat Tums or Rolaids like they are going out of style. 3-4 Gaviscon tabs before bed in addition to OTC or RX meds can help with the reflux at night.

See the doc...

Are ya sure you're not pregnant?
Just trying to help. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Bottom line, get a diagnosis, get meds, get better.
</div></div>
I read that untreated acid reflux ups your chances for esophageal cancer...GO TO THE DOCTOR!

Dude, this might sound unpleasant, but if you have black tarry stools....you might have a bleeding ulcer! The doc can fix this...hope that helps!

Get to doc, at a minimum they'll give you a PPI- basically nexium, prilosec, aciphex, etc, etc. don't just sit there and take antiacids!!! Get your butt to the Doc and do it now!!!!
I both work in medical field and have crohn's disease BUT it don't take a genius to tell you to see a doc THIS WEEK.

*If you don't make it, do you have any good hunting spots I could take over???

KIDDING /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Don't do anything but see a doc!

I just got to feeling better from an ulcer but mine came about in just a few days. I would get to the doc asap because when it comes it sucks. Good Luck

i am a pharmacy manager, get to your personal Dr.. over the counter meds (prilocec) help cover the symtoms. but dont cure it. It may be small enough that changing your diet will help,but in some cases , your DR. will have you drink a barium mix that will help him or her diognose the proablem, or a colan scope which will show all.Any spicey foods or alcahol will aggrivate this condition.make an appointment, its in your best interest. Good luck.

I had problems when I was in college. Quit dinking mountain dew and quit eating catsup. New man ever since.

Thomas, i use to have the same issues. Now i pop 1 prilosec a day, and i can now eat whatever i want and never get heartburn.

Get to the doc.I have ulcerative colitis and have a colon scope done every couple years its not as bad as one would think. but if you can get out of doing that by going to the doc before something gets worse do it.It seems that thats one of the first things they want to do is stick something up your rear..If they do go that way just ask him if he plans on calling you again or give you flowers or a kiss afterwords, they get a good laugh out of that.

Kinda sounds like just what i have, a hiatal hernia. Thats where the valve into your stomach doesn't seal properly and all kinds of gas and acid can make it's way up the esophagus. It's pretty common. I just take a pill every day and it works. If i miss a day or two i sure can tell.

i had a friend that had the same symtoms, had to have his Gall ballader removed. to much acid reflux, after that , he was fine as long as he watched his diet.

Top Bottom