Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ultimate Predator Stalker Decoy

Obsessed

Anybody ever use one of these, or anything similar, and if so, what was your experience?

https://ultimatepredatorgear.com/product/whitetail-deer-decoy/
https://ultimatepredatorgear.com/product/mule-deer-decoy/

I've been busted enough times spot and stalk hunting that I think something like this could work well. I like to save money whenever possible, so I think I may make my own out of a stake-down silhouette decoy that I already have. That way, if I don't like it, I'm not out much. I move through some thick terrain, so I don't know if it's a plausible to use one of these with my hunting style. Maybe if I pack it in and only use it once I've spotted a buck to pursue would be the best for me.

Also, I mostly hunt whitetail, but occasionally make it out West to hunt mulies. What are your thoughts on a whitetail silhouette decoy working on a mulie hunt, and visa-versa? I'm thinking the difference may spook bucks off at super close range, but from a distance should work the same on either species. The reason I ask, is I'm planning another mulie hunt and would love to buy and/or use only one decoy for both species if possible.

I have not used one but have certainly thought about it. Hunting from the ground is such a rush and anything that could make it more effective is worth a shot.

This is what i came up with in about 20 minutes today. This is the side the deer will see. The head is flimsy at the neck, so I'm going to paste some backer board or rods or something on the back to stiffen it up a little bit. 2 ties, 1 at the base of the head and 1 at the bottom of the leg attach it nicely to my bow. Can't wait to give it a try. I've watched several videos recently where guys are using something like this while spot and stalk hunting. If it doesn't work, I din't use it as a decoy anyway.

Update: After $3 in backer board and para-cord, and a little glue I had on-hand, I have a fully operational decoy for my next spot and stalk adventure.

20180831_184401.jpg

Last edited:
This is what i came up with in about 20 minutes today. This is the side the deer will see. The head is flimsy at the neck, so I'm going to paste some backer board or rods or something on the back to stiffen it up a little bit. 2 ties, 1 at the base of the head and 1 at the bottom of the leg attach it nicely to my bow. Can't wait to give it a try. I've watched several videos recently where guys are using something like this while spot and stalk hunting. If it doesn't work, I din't use it as a decoy anyway.

Update: After $3 in backer board and para-cord, and a little glue I had on-hand, I have a fully operational decoy for my next spot and stalk adventure.

View attachment 116747
Nicely done! Looks great!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom