Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Union County Buck

Hardwood11

It is going to be a good fall!
I just got back to MN, had a short hunt, started out Monday noon or so, with seeing a nice buck in the pasture by my farm...good sign! That evening I ended up seeing 5 bucks (2 nice) and several does.

NE wind, so I went to the same stand in the morning. A small buck came by just before 8, then another borderline shooter...all close. At this point, I saw a shooter coming, but then looked behind him, and there was this 10. The first buck angled away from me, the 10 came right down the trail he was supposed to. I took my time and took the shot. The arrow hit just where I aimed and over the hill he went.

Found the blood trail real easy, and there he was at the bottom of the steepest ditch on the farm. I like those Rocket Hammerhead broadheads...very good blood trails.

Called a friend to help me drag it out, ended up being a 4 year old (I think) 10 pointer(139.5)....for a MN guy, I know there was a few bigger on the farm, but I am very happy with him!!Iowa Buck-Nv17.jpg

Top Bottom