Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

URC for climbing sticks.

When I go to make my lifelines and ropes for my climbing sticks, I'll order from this website.

http://www.knotandrope.com/Store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=7

I used them for the rope on my gorilla sticks and they have everything. I can't see spending $50 on a lifeline at the store when you can order enough rope from this site to make 4 of them for the same cash.

Here is another site that has a ton of rope and rope accessories..

http://www.webriggingsupply.com/pages/catalog/rope/arborist_rope.html

I quit using the constrictor part of my UCRs. I just use them by tying off around the versa button now. Also made a some of my own ropes with just a loop at each end for packing on the sticks. Much easier than milking the UCRS 25' up a tree.

Mobile Cooter using IW

When I go to make my lifelines and ropes for my climbing sticks, I'll order from this website.

http://www.knotandrope.com/Store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=7

I used them for the rope on my gorilla sticks and they have everything. I can't see spending $50 on a lifeline at the store when you can order enough rope from this site to make 4 of them for the same cash.

Here is another site that has a ton of rope and rope accessories..

http://www.webriggingsupply.com/pages/catalog/rope/arborist_rope.html

This site looks great and prices look very reasonable for bulk rope. Do you have any experience as to which strand count a guy needs? Will 12 strand suffice? Have you made life lines yourself?

Thanks so much

I quit using the constrictor part of my UCRs. I just use them by tying off around the versa button now. Also made a some of my own ropes with just a loop at each end for packing on the sticks. Much easier than milking the UCRS 25' up a tree.

Mobile Cooter using IW
Never thought of that....good idea.

This is very interesting to me and I can think of multiple uses for the "constricotor". Everything in Ironwoods picture (the pic with the completed constrictor rope) makes sense except one thing: What is a "short bury" used on the ends. I could find nothing online and I'm a little puzzled as to exactly how to make it. Great idea and great post!!

The short Bury is simply turning the end around on itself and pulling it back through the middle of your 12 strand two finish the end of the rope. Just like the last step in the video, but no loop.

Rope is all gone from this spool. I will try to get this out to you that requested it. Some of you I need to communicate with about splicing. I will be intouch.

Thanks for the info. I actully found a pdf on making a whoopie sling for a hammock that showed the short bury after I posted the question. Lots of possibilites!! I'm going to get some rope and start practicing!

Where did you get your rope?

Like I said before I quit using the constrictor part of my UCRs and now just tie off with two half hitches on each side of the versa button. Was just using two half hitches which worked fine but I like to be redundant when it comes to safety.

20121113_113145.jpg

I want to make some that just have loops on each end, then tie off to the versa button.This would also save on the amount of rope used for each stick.

I made some with amsteel. Would like to make some more with the rope you use. I would even be willing to order more rope and make some with just the loops for people if there is any interest.

Here is the amsteel. The color is too light for my liking.
20121113_113205.jpg

-}}}---------->

Mobile Cooter using IW

The guy on Archery Talk made mine.....his design could use a slight adjustment by making the cuff portion a little longer. If the back of the cuff portion is long enough to touch the tree it makes it easier to tighten them. The cuff is frictioned by the tree and you can pull the rope through it with one hand instead of milking. I have an old set of Non Typical Rapid Rails and they are designed this way, work great. So, when you guys make yours......just make that cuff portion 4 to 5 inches longer and see how that works!

River1 said:
The guy on Archery Talk made mine.....his design could use a slight adjustment by making the cuff portion a little longer. If the back of the cuff portion is long enough to touch the tree it makes it easier to tighten them. The cuff is frictioned by the tree and you can pull the rope through it with one hand instead of milking. I have an old set of Non Typical Rapid Rails and they are designed this way, work great. So, when you guys make yours......just make that cuff portion 4 to 5 inches longer and see how that works!

Guy on AT made my UCRs also. It is still easier to tie off.

-}}}---------->

lovetohunt said:

Yes that rope will work for the tying off but not ucrs. The 3/8 is 4000 tensile strength. You will tie an over hand knot in it to make the loop.

I just bought some of the Tenex that is 1/4 and 3200 breaking strength. I have it up in the classifieds. I will put the eye splices(loops) on the ends that will not come out. I trust them more than a knot.

Check it out it would be less expensive also.

Stix Rope

-}}}---------->

Top Bottom