Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Using a Loop?

Rackaddict

Life Member
Do you guys use a string loop? I still use the eliminator buttons and nock setup. Do you like a loop ? What are the advantages or disadvantages and have you ever had one come apart when you are drawing your bow?

I've used a string loop for the past 4 years.

These are my pros and cons.

Advantages include;
- eliminates arrow pinch - I used to have problems with arrows sometimes falling off the string from the nock end.
- very little if any serving damage - if you clip directly to the string servings need to be replaced at some point

Disadvantages include;
- shortens up your draw a little - this will slow down your setup
- the string loop may slow down your release attachment speed - I've found it’s easier to clip directly to the bow string than a string loop.

For me the Pros definitely outweigh the cons.

Again these are my personal experiences with both setups, I'm sure there are more for each.

Thanks,
OneCam

OneCam basically hit the nail on the head with the pros and cons. Just for the record I'm a string loop fan myself.

I use a string loop w/ a nock aligner and works extremely well. Less wear/tear on the strings serving as well. Make sure you do not have a burr on your release......I've been busted in the mouth (while 3ding) and shot an arrow some 20' up a tree on that one.
blush.gif

Rudd, Nice for you to admit the tree incident and the punch in the mouth. I wasn't sure which happened first!

Rack,

I have recently made the transition back from a loop to the nock/eliminator button. Like an above post with the pros and cons, it is just what best fits your needs. If the elim button and nock are working, don't change but if you are having arrow flight problems, the loop may help. Shredder

Top Bottom