Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Using a Mountain Bike to get to and from tree stands?

MuddyHntr

Does anyone on here use a mountain bike to get to and from tree stands? I was thinking the other day that using a mountain bike can cut down on human scent on the ground and might possibly make one sweat less then walking? Also thought about checking trail cameras with one to. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Ive thought about it about a million times when I have to cross wide open bean field. Havent yet though .

• Deleted by Wapsi Tree Rat
Show…
  • Deleted by Wapsi Tree Rat
Show…
I use one every single time I hunt - except mine is a Rambo Fat Tire Mountain Bike that has a battery and an electric motor - no pedaling required!!!
No Scent - No Sweat - and in and out really quick!
Thought you were joking till I looked it up..Ha! Pretty sweet. Quiet, quick, no sweating.....but, at that price I think I'll keep on walkin' :)

MB.PNG

Theres no way id spend that much Id get a decent used pedal one off craigslist. Don't get me wrong those are cool but just not for me

Under $2K at Buck Hollow - we've sold about 2 dozen in the last year and a half - very popular item.

Going need a rocket motor fur me I am over the 250LBS weight restriction.. Last time I was on one the motor was screaming so loud I thought it was going to unwind .. :)
I'm about 240 in my skivvies and I'm sure close to 300 weighted down with all my clothes, gear, bow, pack full of supplies, etc..
Pulls me up the steep hills without even turning the pedals - zero effort

Love using it!!!! Saves me massive walks and sweat and time. Love em. Quiet, fast entrance. No sweat. I get PLENTY of walking non season. I hate sweat. I have long walks. So great!
Imo- need one paths or sides of fields or whatever. Big tall weeds is a no go. Which- to me is a non issue. Just FYI.

Love using it!!!! Saves me massive walks and sweat and time. Love em. Quiet, fast entrance. No sweat. I get PLENTY of walking non season. I hate sweat. I have long walks. So great!
Imo- need one paths or sides of fields or whatever. Big tall weeds is a no go. Which- to me is a non issue. Just FYI.
How are atv trails through crp type grasses? If I make a trail with the atv then ride the trail that should work I think

Yep. Will work fine. Only thing I didn’t like was no trails through crp. Head tall stuff. That’s a no go. Trails- no problem.

Just park it in the nearest brush and walk to stand? Park right next to tree? Pull up the tree with you?

I lay mine on the ground at the base of the stand - no scent trail from walking at all - has never spooked one single deer in two years of doing this.
I also find deer tend to watch me ride by from a distance and dont spook off as much as when they see me walking - there are lots of benefits.

Just park it in the nearest brush and walk to stand? Park right next to tree? Pull up the tree with you?
I leave mine about 150 yards from stand - a spot where few deer will walk. I lay it in brush. Pry won’t spook deer but that’s what I do. Like in the weeds In a tree line or whatever.

I have a buddy who uses one. He said they are not legal out west if they have motors? Anyone know if thats true? He loves using the bike, and I will be next year for sure

I have a buddy who uses one. He said they are not legal out west if they have motors? Anyone know if thats true? He loves using the bike, and I will be next year for sure

My understanding is if trail says non motorized beyond this point on a closed road or trail electric is a no go as well.

My neighbor bought a fat tire bike and an aftermarket electric kit, the biggest motor and battery he could get. He love's it for getting to stand. The thing is bad a$$. Runs over 30 MPH and pulls big hills no problem.

Have you guys considered an electric golf cart? They're silent, and a good used one is similar in price to the bike. It would be considerably more useful. Just a thought.

I have a really nice newer ranger but still choose to use my Rambo for several reasons - the biggest being that I don't have to trailer it.
No more hooking up a trailer, loading the ranger, strapping it down, etc and then the reverse when i go home, plus putting everything away each night.
I have my bike on a bike rack and it loads and ties down in literally 15 seconds.
Luckily my garage is deep enough that i can leave the bike on the back of my truck for the next days hunt when i get home, i don't HAVE to unload it.

Top Bottom