Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Vaportrail strings

lxshooter

Has anyone used these strings? Normally I like to get winner choice but with the steep price increase I think that I'm going to look for something else. Also what about Smoky mountain strings.

From what I understand they are now at $150. Shop owner ordered some for his bow and the bill came back for $150. That's for strings and cables. Last set I bought was $125 for strings and cables.

Probably need the extra money for Mathews' suit court fees
grin.gif

lx...bruce in creston SWEARS by them. has a set on his target bow for 3 years, still look like new. he also sells them, so you never know.

I have had my vapor trail string on my Bowtech for just around a year now. It still looks new. I really like it. I have shot a lot of arrows with that string and it has yet to let me down. I would recomend them.

price shouldnt have gone up, I just bought a set for $130 and $25 of that was to cover the overnight S/H charges. Just got them yesterday.

I am in the process of buying an aftermarket string and cable for my '05 Outback. I just went to a site to price Winner's Choice and the set was $87.00 - not sure if it's the same string and cable you are talking about, this is the description listed below:

409-40, Winners Choice Mathews Ouckback String 90 3/8 & Cable 33 3/4.

I mentioned this price to the guy at my bow shop and he said he thought he could get the set and install it for right around $90.00.

Have'nt priced the Vapor Trail yet but have been to the website. Heard nothing but good things about both of them which makes the decision even more difficult.

Let us know how that turns out for you. I've got an 04 Outback that I bought in Feb of this year. I still have my zebra strings on, but plan to switch them out in the spring. WC or Vapor seem like good ones.

Just talked to the folks at Vapor Trail. The man told me he could get me a set in one day and the cost would be 69.00 which includes shipping and handling. I did'nt realize that they had been around for about 15 years. They actually made the stings and cables for Bowtech until Bowtech went to an inhouse system for their bows. I do know Bowtech also used Winner's Choice stings and cables too.

The guy at Vapor Trail siad they have already sold about 2,000 sets of strings for the new Switchback.

Decisions, decisions.............right now I am leaning towards Vapor Trail.

I haven't priced Winner's Choice except for what is listed above and I imagine thats not the 452X or 8125 material that is desired for less stretch.

I'll let you all know what I decide and how it turns out. In the meantime any comments or insights would be appreciated.

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't priced Winner's Choice except for what is listed above and I imagine thats not the 452X or 8125 material that is desired for less stretch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both String manufacturers utilize these string materials. Another good one is Ultra Cam. There are alot of string makers out there. WC was the first to let the cat out of the bag in the process of building strings (by stretching the material) and most of the top dogs now build the same way.

Just talked to Winner's Choice - set of string and cable for my outback is 108.15 which includes shipping and handling. And this is constructed of the 8125 material. This is only on a direct order through Winner's Choice. The tech guy also said something very interesting - he said do not order your string to meet the manufacturer specs - instead - get the bow to spec, take the string and cable off and measure them and order that length.

Dang if buying a string and cable isn't about like trying to figure out which bow to buy. So many to choose from, so little time.

HCSafari, I think I'm going to have to save this whole thread somehow. I sure appreciate you sharing your new wisdom on the subject, I wasn't looking forward to the process you're going through now. Thanks for the leg-work.
waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
- he said do not order your string to meet the manufacturer specs - instead - get the bow to spec, take the string and cable off and measure them and order that length.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is something i wouldn't have thought of. i would have just ordered the same string as what came stock

Vapor trail or winners choice....they won't let you down....used both sets of strings and i have had no problems with either one...

Top Bottom