Venison Osso Buco

Discussion in 'Food Corner' started by muddy, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Jmac0501

Jmac0501 PMA Member

Made this again this weekend. I had some pre-cut shanks that I packaged that way when butchering last year. Super easy to pull it out and get it ready to go. Actually doubled the shanks and added some extra broth to fill the dutch oven mostly full. We didn't have any white wine in the house, so I just used extra beef broth.
    We headed off to early service at church and it was amazing my the time we got home. Just for reference for anyone wanting to try this. Don't be intimidated by tying the meat. It is all for presentation. I really don't care for a family meal, so I don't even try to tie them.

We did use a package mix for risotto and it just wasn't' the same as making from scratch, but was still good.

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. muddy

muddy Administrator

I'm going to try this with wild turkey thighs/drum sticks soon. Sub in chicken broth instead of beef broth, maybe tweak other thigns

4. cybball

cybball PMA Member

This looks fantastic. I may stop boning out those front legs and try this. Steven Rinella likes to make this on Meat Eater. Thought it looked like it was worth a try.