Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Viny crap

kelcher

Guys, what is all of this viny crap that climbs all of our trees and chokes them out. Any suggestions on how to eliminate it? I am cutting and yanking, but it seems to always come back.
0bda243bbee45a504c86d29f157e3bf6.jpg

f44664a6a0dcfcf1b84f5f6e92cd2553.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Deleted by IowaBowHunter1983
Show…
Bristly greenbrier?? Is it green with prickles? Like- u could grab with glove & probably be ok?
I was wrestling with vines this weekend that messing with my walnuts... poison ivy & grape were hardest on taller trees. Those bristly greenbriers were in younger growth areas & looked like above. Mixed with grape vines, multiflora rose, etc. I snipped em at base (I did chainsaw but I was covered in heavy gear) & touched tops with garlon herbicide. If I wasn’t wearing heavy stuff- any pole trimmer. Herbicides & kill em or no herbicides & u come back in few years most likely.

yep, green or brown with thorns that I could handle with thicker gloves. Will have to go back and hit them with a decent strength herbicide. Crazy how they choke out the trees.

Probably depends if the trees are worth saving or what purposes you are shooting for, as those pics are good habitat for wildlife, but a pain to walk around in.

Top Bottom