Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wanted Remington 700ML

150 Class

Yes, I'm looking again. Looking for another winter project. I'll be building guns for a couple of friends, or would be happy to do yours for you. Not looking to make any money off of these projects, just something fun to do. Project... converting them to a smokeless gun with an aftermarket barrel. Prefer SS but will consider blued if in decent shape. Let me know what you have and like last winter, if you're still hunting with it, I can certainly wait until the season is done. Thanks!

What are we looking at cost wise to convert? I have a blued version. I'd really like to at least convert it to 209.

Also, waiting on a guy to give me a price, said he had 1 for sale or trade.

Last edited:
What are we looking at cost wise to convert? I have a blued version. I'd really like to at least convert it to 209.

Also, waiting on a guy to give me a price, said he had 1 for sale or trade.

There are three 209 conversions that I am aware of for the 700ML. One of them is junk, one OK, but one is by far the best and also works later on for the smokeless conversion should you choose to go that route. They cost about $85 and I think you need a different breech plug too. I'll get the info to you later.

I'll also send you a rough cost on doing a full conversion to smokeless.

That would be great, Thx

I found a conversion at muzzlelooadingbullets.com for $60. Cabelas did a closout on them awhile back for $30. I should have gotten one then but I had read to much about "blowback."

Last edited:
That would be great, Thx

I found a conversion at muzzlelooadingbullets.com for $60. Cabelas did a closout on them awhile back for $30. I should have gotten one then but I had read to much about "blowback."

That conversion at muzzleloadingbullets looks like it is NOT the bad one. But... it will still have some "blowback", and it will not work on a smokeless conversion should you choose to do that in the future. Still working on getting info on the conversion that works with the smokeless barrel should you want to consider it.

As for converting to smokeless, you would be looking at a minimum of $480, plus the cost of the gun, plus the cost to install the barrel and primer conversion (about $85 but you can do it yourself if you have the tools to do it).

Last edited:
If you can get me the info on the primer conversion, I'd appreciate it. I don't think I'll convert to smokeless just yet. I can pick up a Savage MLII for $400-500 around here. Just have to watch for them.

As for a Remington, I've got 1, a guy up around Clinton I think, is trying to sell 1 for $225. If you're interested, I can get you his contact info.

I believe the "bad one" was the one made by Remington. I could be wrong though. I read somewhere that the good one come from Canada, the "OK" version from Cabela's.

Last edited:
If you can get me the info on the primer conversion, I'd appreciate it. I don't think I'll convert to smokeless just yet. I can pick up a Savage MLII for $400-500 around here. Just have to watch for them.

As for a Remington, I've got 1, a guy up around Clinton I think, is trying to sell 1 for $225. If you're interested, I can get you his contact info.

I believe the "bad one" was the one made by Remington. I could be wrong though. I read somewhere that the good one come from Canada, the "OK" version from Cabela's.

That's a good price for the Savages. If you know if a stainless one for that low, let me know! If you want to go 50 cal smokeless, that is what I would buy and skip the 700ML conversion. Also, for those interested in converting a 700ML to smokeless, 45 cal is what people are going with. I know there was another thread that called 45 cal muzzleloaders a fad but they are anything but that in the smokeless world and great guns for the smokers too with the right combo.

PM sent about the one for sale.

I agree the Canadian version was the better of the ones made. They sell used for a premium. It can't be used with a smokeless conversion but sells for a little less coin.

We found one very good 45 cal SS for a donor to convert to 45 cal smokeless. My nephew now owns this one and someone will also be happy when he sells the barrel since they are a bit more rare and sought after. I know he is going to be happy with his gun too when it is done. We could use at least one more. Another relative borrowed one of mine and fell in love with it. I am sure he will want a SS action so that is what we are looking for. So, if you have a good SS 700 ML that you are willing to part with or know where there is one, please let me know. Thanks again!

Top Bottom