Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Watch the horns!

Ogz

Life Member
My partner took a nice 160 inch 6x6 with some kickers off of some public land last Thursday. As we stood there gloating, I watched as the left antler came off in his hand! Be careful with any late season bucks. The nice hand holds for dragging might not be on so good. We have been noticing most of the deer activity centered around thick woods and browse, not so much in the fields. Anyone else noticing the same? Watched a net 180's this afternoon. Can't wait until tommorrow! I've been out everyday for the last week and a half and have seen plenty. Happy hunting.

Just tonight I talked with one of the other hunters on the same property I hunt and he said he saw what would be the big buck I have been hunting. Only now, he has one antler. Maybe his shed will be found but it kind of changes things if you know what I mean. Most deer in my area are held up in and around picked bean fields.
Good Luck and Good hunting.

Saw the same 180's buck again today. About 100 yards away and bedded down. Still working on permission to hunt. It's driving me crazy. I had a partner with me to so that my hunting buddies won't think I'm full of it! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Conditions are brutal up here in the NW corner, as I'm sure they are everywhere. We were disappointed to find that as late muzzleloader season began, many (most) of the bucks have shed already. Have glassed several bucks that have dropped antlers by Christmas. I watched a field of about 75 deer the other night and not an antler in the bunch! Finally gave in and took a nice doe Wednesday (just doing my part in the QDM effort up here). I was also fortunate enough to get some good video footage of it. I'm hoping the deer sausage eats better than "tag stew"! Good hunting to all you diehards still out there!

Was at Larry Zacks place last week picking up big city bucks ,and got to take a look at the rack from larrys great buck he got this fall.He said it only took 33 yrs.of bow hunting to get a buck of this size.I would be happy to do it in my lifetime.Congrats again larry on a great buck.

I talked to a fellow who found a match set of sheds about a week ago and was told of a road kill buck that was bald also. I suppose its due to the cold weather comming early.

I have seen one buck with both sides off,if he is the animal I think he is this buck is very mature.

I also had a friend come in that harvested a nice buck that was running with 7 other bucks. All had headgear, later that day this guys hunting partner harvested the dominant buck in the group and all horns were tight on there heads.

Had a friend shot what was probably a 135 inch buck with his muzzleloader on new years day. He admired it for a bit and then rolled it over to get to work at which time both antlers came off. Have herd several other similar stories from friends that work at the local sporting goods store.

A good friend has a nice 8 pointer that has been comming into his deer feeder several times a day since about the 20th of December. We put a camtrakker next to the feeder saturday night(1/6/01) to get a picture of him. The roll of film was full the next morning. We got a picture of the 8 pointer as well as photos of three other bucks one was missing one antler.

Top Bottom