Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Watering holes

Hey guys,
I just put in my first watering hole last week and am wanting to put in a couple more. Ive been torn at where to out them though.
I've been considering putting one on a field edge adjacent to my food plots but still in the shade.
For those of you that have put one in, what is your experience with this?
Thanks

I haven’t put out but wonder about this. Would shade make it evaporate less? U ever wanna have by a stand for thirsty deer or more just for general health & pictures?

So how did you do this? kid pool? On a new piece of property there is already an existing pond but am still thinking about putting one in a future clover plot within range of bow stand. I wonder if they would utilize it with the pond already being there...maybe?

So how did you do this? kid pool? On a new piece of property there is already an existing pond but am still thinking about putting one in a future clover plot within range of bow stand. I wonder if they would utilize it with the pond already being there...maybe?

I bought 60 gallon water tank at farm and home store and a couple good shovels. An hour and 45 minutes later I had a hole and crumbed in the stock tank. It’s on a nice side hill so if it ever rains it should get some decent runoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with above. I did see a guy with heavy duty like above mentions- water tank. Few years in i know it was still there. I’m curious how these work out for folks during hunting season. Logically- it’s gotta work!

Agree with above. I did see a guy with heavy duty like above mentions- water tank. Few years in i know it was still there. I’m curious how these work out for folks during hunting season. Logically- it’s gotta work!
It does work, I have neighbors who have done it with good results. It does take time for all the neighbhood deer to find/get used to it. Biggest thing about putting in a (watering hole) is finding the best location.

Top Bottom