Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Waterproof boots

arm

Leg
I walk through shin high water to access 90% of my stands so i wear the tall rubbers. I have a sweaty foot problem and im pretty sure the rubber boots dont let my feet breath and cause cold feet problems. Other than packing in a better pair of boots, is there a one pair option, like a 14" lace up that is 100% waterproof??

I've packed in an extra pair of socks at times for this very reason. Put the sweaty ones in a Ziploc once I get in stand. But I will be watching for other replies as well

I quit hunting with rubber boots years ago for the reasons you described. Pack in a different pair or build a bridge :)

Every pair of "waterproof/breathable" (Gore Tex, etc.) boots I've ever had didn't stay waterproof for very long and cost too much to replace every year. Insulated rubber, switch socks &/or pack in another pair of boots are the best ideas I have.

Would be a goofy bridge, I mean I walk up/down this creek not just cross it :) I was afraid that was the answer....high rubbers and switch to a pair or regular boots once in. Doable...nothings easy right?

I have rubber and gore tex waterproof lace ups for moisture and it's either get sweaty or wet feet it seems. I've owned a lot of lace up "waterproof" boots for work and they are water resistant at best. When it comes to just dewy grass, then gaiters are awesome for keeping your boots and pant legs dry, but they're no good with knee high water. During late season I pack in my Mickey Mouse boots and put them on when I get to the stand, I could pack extra socks, but i hate how clumsy the big insulated boots tend to be on long hikes. Packing an extra pair of boots or rubber over boots may be your best bet.

Reactions: arm
Look up Neos over boots. I found out about them last year. I am planning to purchase some for ice fishing and river crossing.

Buy a bigger pair then what you think so they slip over your boots easily.

Yes, that is very important. My cousin bought a pair that was a bit snug and he fought getting those on for 20 mins one time, I just laughed at him!

I wear muck boots and had the same issues. My solution was the disposable adhesive hot hand body warmers (not the foot warmer). Open them before the walk in and put them in my pocket then when I get sat down I pull out the insoles of my boots and adhere the warmers to the toe portion of the insole. Slide insoles back in and put the boot on. I've never found a boot that can keep my feet warm.

Top Bottom