Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Well, I decided not to call the Iowa AG's office

iabwhntr

I sent them an email instead. I figured it would be easier for everyone to follow if things were already in print.

Some of you may wonder I'm going with all of this. I don't really have a goal in mind yet and probably won't for a while yet.

But , I will be voicing my opinion on NRLOs and the issue of the availability of tags to the DNR as well as my state reps once I feel I know enough about how the decisions were made.

Enjoy!

To Whom it May Concern,

I was unsure who to address this letter to so I left it open. My inquiry is in regards to a recent ruling by the Iowa Supreme Court involving the revocation of hunting licenses of three individuals for failure to qualify as Iowa residents. Supreme Court Case No. 12–1944, filed December 6 2013.

In The Iowa Administrative Bulletin it states that such a violation is a simple misdemeanor, punishable as a scheduled violation under Iowa Code section 805.8B.
However, should a person harvest an animal with a resident hunting license with out actually being an Iowa resident, would they not be subject to Iowa Code 715A.4 since it is required to report all deer harvest?

Also, since a license was illegally obtained, wouldn't theft and or destruction of state property also be applicable?

And what about those individuals that have registered to vote in Iowa, yet fail to qualify as Iowa residents. Wouldn't this fall under the jurisdiction of voter fraud, a Class "D" Felony?

My questions arise from a discussion concerning Iowa law and Non-Resident Land Owner deer license issuance. At present I have no information regarding any offenders. This is merely to find out all the information I can before I speak with my state representatives.

Thank you,

This will get interesting for sure. Looks like some solid questions that will make a few folks scratch their heads. I love it. Best of luck to you and I hope you get a response with specifics.

Fletch, you still trolling these threads. I thought for sure you'd have paper route or Pizza delivery job by now. Gotta save that coin for some good hunting land.

I feel the judge got it right. Just because you own land but reside in another state you should not be allowed residency.

Your enthusiasm is noteworthy, however, my experience with state Attorney General's offices is that their law enforcement resources and efforts, usually small and well placed, don't have residency issues, hunting issues and associated misdemeanors as a priority. Keep us posted.

Check the details of the case it was an administrated case from the start. In the first meeting it was decided that due to the cooperation of the guys in question that no charges would follow no matter the verdict. That is why they appealed it so many time they got to hunt the whole time . Guess we will see them next year as well as now they know what needs to change for next year to be residents.

Check the details of the case it was an administrated case from the start. In the first meeting it was decided that due to the cooperation of the guys in question that no charges would follow no matter the verdict. That is why they appealed it so many time they got to hunt the whole time . Guess we will see them next year as well as now they know what needs to change for next year to be residents.

I doubt if they are going to move their primary residence here. I would guess that many of them are done being faux residents.

Last edited:
Top Bottom