Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Welter seed brassica mix

UPDATE

I couldn’t wait so I swapped trail camera cards. The does are still eating, just at night 8:30-9pm and on. I did get some pictures of some coyotes (one even during the day) and a fox.

Not sure if they are affecting me seeing the does or not. Maybe I need to talk to my neighbor about trapping them.

Weather is way too nice. Most deer are feeding on whatever they are eating after dark. The occasional coyote or fox won’t keep them off food. It’s pretty much all lack of nasty cold and snow cover. Our corn & bean plots that will have 30-50 head feeding in ugly weather have the occasional baldy showing up in shooting light so far this year.

Weather is way too nice. Most deer are feeding on whatever they are eating after dark. The occasional coyote or fox won’t keep them off food. It’s pretty much all lack of nasty cold and snow cover. Our corn & bean plots that will have 30-50 head feeding in ugly weather have the occasional baldy showing up in shooting light so far this year.

That’s good to hear about the predators. I figured the warm weather had something to do with it. Normally it’s cold and snowy and the deer are chowing down on things trying to fill their bellies.

Best advice I can give is plant a smorgasbord. Tonight....in range I had cut ag beans, standing foodplot beans, turnips, radishes, rye, and clover.

.... worked pretty good ;)

No more doubts about the mix...they started hitting it in late December, and now it's bearing fruit in February! Got 5 fresh horns off it today.

Attachments

• IMG9501201.jpg
    IMG9501201.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 218
  • 20180213_205407.jpg
    20180213_205407.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 212
Nice finds! I planted the mix this year too, and was not a big fan. Still had deer use it, but not nearly as much as with straight PTT. Going back to that next year.

Top Bottom