Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What arrow setup are you using?

live2hunt

This year I am using easton st axis carbon 400 arrows with four inch feathers and a left helical. Tipped with an 150grain magnus stinger and some with the magnus buzzcuts. The arrows seem like they will penatrate decent but im starting to wonder if they are to light weight.They do shoot very well with my bear bow.

Im curious to what set up everyone here is using? And what is your review and opinoin on your setep? Or what is your opinoin on my setup? Will I get the penetration I am looking for?

If they shoot well I wouldn't think too hard on it. Either of those broadheads should give you good penetration, as long as the arrow is flying straight.
I'm going with carbon express maxima kv in 350 with blazers and a t3.

I'm gonna shoot this season with PSE sniper shafts, 2" blazer vanes and 100 grain magnus stinger buzzcuts. Those shafts shoot decent but are extremely brittle IMO. Since my bow is ready to go using them I'm gonna stick with them but I'll have some different ones for next year. I'm not a big spender so I'll likely stay towards a lower end shaft, thinking about going with one of the redhead shafts. They are made by goldtip so I'm sure they are okay.

As for your setup, I wouldn't worry about it not having enough energy to penetrate. It doesn't take much with a good broadhead. If you can put it where it needs to go, you'll be fine!

I've never shot anything but GoldTip 55/75 arrows. Just last year I bumped up to the 75/95 variety to get a little heavier/stiffer arrow/spine. Only time I don't get pass thrus is if I catch bone.

Muddy Bloodsport HT2 Arrows, Rage 2 Blade Broadheads, Nocturnal Lighted Nocks, Onestringer Custom Wraps, and Blazer Vanes.

Easton Axis 340, 100 Grain 2-Blade Rage, 2 inch orange blazer vanes, 4 inch white arrow wrap. Rarely get complete pass through, but when the shot is placed correctly, I don't lose deer as someone said above. This set-up has worked well for me.

I should have specified. My arrow set up is for a 45# bear recurve. That is why I was concerned with penetration and using 150grain tip.

11/32" PO Cedar with 5" Shield Burnt Fletching, 125gr Zwickey Eskimo or 135gr Deltas.

Put the arrow in the right place with a clean release, no problem going all the way through. ;)

Bloodsport HT1's, 400 spine with the heavier stainless outserts capped with 100gr montecs.. can somebody say PENETRATION?! :)

Top Bottom