What is the best digital trail camera TODAY?

Discussion in 'Trail Cams' started by corygnc, Oct 22, 2007.

1. corygnc

corygnc New Member

I've got 2 Older Cuddebacks, 2 Newer Cuddebacks and 4 new Moultrie's (the new ones that are Cabela's exclusive and need 6 D batteries).

The older Cuddebacks are very good, better battery life and only good thing about new Cuddebacks are the ease of getting the memory disks out.

The 6 Volt Moultries are crap and I tried the new ones out (6 D battery ones) and have to say for the money I think I'd go with them over the Cuddebacks.

I can have close to 3 of them for the price of a Cuddeback and have to say they are easier to operate, battery life is as good and I put them over salt, corn or something to get them to stop so I'm not so worried about flash speed. Have not had one blank pic.

What are your camera experiences?

Thanks for feedback!

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. Kansasdeerslayer

Kansasdeerslayer PMA Member

I have 2 of the high end Bushnell IR cameras. I am less than impressed for the money spent. They have great trigger speed, and battery life is OK, but picture quality is lacking.

4. JakeWym

JakeWym Arrow Chucker

We have two Cuddebacks, and 1 Stealth Cam. The Cuddebacks have very few blank pics. The Stealth Cam misses almost all of them.

5. Iowa1

Iowa1 New Member

The 6 Volt Moultries are crap

Interested in selling them?

6. tlambert

tlambert PMA Member

I've got 2 Penn's woods which are pretty much the same thing as a homebrew and I love them....go with the homebrews.

7. Doubleaarc hery

Doubleaarc hery New Member

I have one of the Moultrie IR and absolutely love it!!! I haven't changed batteries since aug. 22 and still have over 50 % left. ANd that is running 15 second video clips! And it has taken alot of them. The quality is amazing, and the price is very reasonable at 220 bucks. Otherwise, I like the D40s for a cheap good quality camera.

I also agree that the 6V moultries are not the best, they are slow and the battery life is junk, but I have 3 of them, and it allows me to scout extra area!!! I wouldn't sell mine!!!!

8. DOR

DOR Life Member

Ironwood-cam!

9. TallTines

TallTines New Member

I have 8 homebrews. 4 IR p32's and 4 white flash P41's. The only time I ever get blank pics is if the wind is blowing the switchgrass real hard or if I have double pic mode on and the second pic ends up blank because the deer left.

In my opinion homebrews are the best because if something goes wrong you can fix it yourself. Plus I know my IR p32 pics blow cuddebacks out of the water. I never get blurry pics and I know plenty of guys that still get blurry pics w/ there cuddes.

I did get to try the new Predator trail cam and so far I like it alot as well. But for price and performance nothing beats a homebrew.