Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What kind of fish??

blakesburg

PMA Member
Took the boys to a pond today that seemed to only have this in it. Looks like a perch to me but wasn't sure anyone know...
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Walleyes love them too!! Especially the 1.5"-2.5' size! We have three ponds on our farm loaded with them and I use them for walleye!!

pretty sure thats a green sunfish/red ear hybrid. I could be mistaken, but it seems to have traits of both...

Mud??

Isn't that a Warmouth? I've only seen them once but heard of them a few times. They look like a sunfish (perhaps are in the same family??) but have a much larger mouth.

Warmouth

Similar in appearance to the rock bass and sunfish, the warmouth has a thick, oblong body, which varies from brassy to dark olive-green. It has broad, irregular dark bars that give it a mottled appearance. It is easily identified by red eyes and a large mouth, which is similar to a bass. Its upper jaw extends to or beyond the middle of the eyes.

Warmouth photo

The little neon green lines on its head and its large mouth is what has me puzzled. Warmouth sounds about right though.

Last edited:
Large mouth and little green neon lines says green sunfish to me. Definitely has some hybrid looks too.

Not a rock bass, don't think its a warmouth either.

Top Bottom