Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What kind of grass is this one?

deadeye

This stuff gets pretty thick. It was mowed about 6 weeks ago or so. This stuff worth leaving?
IMG_0431.JPG

Looks like sedge to me also. Not what you want in a food plot. Heavy dose of roundup. Hard to get rid of.

If that is a sedge which I believe it is. The best luck I have had is a product called Sedge Hammer it works best sprayed and then disced in "incorporated" . Round up will have very little Effect on Sedges.

At what rate are you incorporating Sedge Hammer? It is a post emergence herbicide. Basagran herbicide is also a post emergence. Roundup will work at max rates.

Interesting. I did a cocktail on "tall weeds" (hardest thing to kill known to man :) ) - 3-4 qts round up, 40 oz liberty, ams & 2,4-d. Sure - everything was roasted. ;)
But- sedge hammer- new one- is this a broad spectrum kill all post or does it target sedge? (Thinking for the guy that has sedge in clover).

sedgehammer just targets sedge. Ive used it in my lawn. It works but takes quite a while for the sedges to die.

The only time we used it was on a newly cleared/tiled low field. Sprayed it first with RUP,AMS killed everything but the the sedge. Went and spoke with our local Agromist coop guy and followed his directions of spraying then discing,we then planted beans which did well. The sedge never came back, the tile may have helped this also. If I remember correctly it came in premeasured dissolving packets.

Top Bottom