Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What to choose....

Oct-Lull

I have always used my muzzleloader for gun season in the past. I don't really do much accept sit pinch points and let deer get pushed around me. Most years I don't even do any shooting. I did get a shot at a coyote last year but my gun didn't fire in the wet snow. So was thinking a Savage 220, but have changed to a 45/70 instead. I want something unique, probably a Marlin lever action Guide gun in stainless as they have a rebate right now. Not sure on scope or red dot, or iron sights. Anyone have any experience with this type of gun? Not alot of choice in lever action and stainless. Open to any ideas and advice.

Can you get a Quigley gun in that caliber? That would be unique for a deer gun! I don't have any experience with a 45/70, but have used my dad's 30-30 Marlin lever action (not on deer). It has iron sights. I like the way feels in the hands, and not too bad on weight.

I think the Marlin 45-70 with a Leupold 1.5-5x VX-R scout scope would be a great set up for close to mid range shooting

Top Bottom