Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

what would you charge?

beararchery

Wasn't quite sure where to post this but, a budy of mine was asked to clear out a bunch of young willow trees roughly 5-8 inch diameters. There is roughly 80 to 100 trees that the guy wants gone. He asked me to help, but we have no ideal on what we would charge. Any ideals on where to start? Thanks!

Start with estimating how long it will take. Can you cut a tree, carry it out and put it on a trailer/stockpile in 5 minutes? 10 minutes? Say it's 1 tree/5 minutes. 100 trees = 500 minutes = 8.33 hours. So say 1 long day for you and a buddy to cut them and get them to a stockpile location. Will you burn/dispose of them on site or do you need to haul them out? If you have to haul, will the place you haul to charge a disposal fee? Maybe figure another day of hauling depending on how far it is. So, call it 2 days x 8hrs/day x 2 guys x $20/hr = $640. Plus some equipment and tool charge (chainsaws, pickup, trailer etc.) That's a very ROUGH idea of throwing an estimate together. Even better would be if the guy wanting the work done is willing to pay by the hour. Figure out how much you want and go from there. I would think $20-$30 per hour would be fair if it included the tools for the job as well as the labor. But then again, I've never done tree removal :)

Start with estimating how long it will take. Can you cut a tree, carry it out and put it on a trailer/stockpile in 5 minutes? 10 minutes? Say it's 1 tree/5 minutes. 100 trees = 500 minutes = 8.33 hours. So say 1 long day for you and a buddy to cut them and get them to a stockpile location. Will you burn/dispose of them on site or do you need to haul them out? If you have to haul, will the place you haul to charge a disposal fee? Maybe figure another day of hauling depending on how far it is. So, call it 2 days x 8hrs/day x 2 guys x $20/hr = $640. Plus some equipment and tool charge (chainsaws, pickup, trailer etc.) That's a very ROUGH idea of throwing an estimate together. Even better would be if the guy wanting the work done is willing to pay by the hour. Figure out how much you want and go from there. I would think $20-$30 per hour would be fair if it included the tools for the job as well as the labor. But then again, I've never done tree removal :)

Thanks Lyon, really gives me a good idea on where to start.

Top Bottom