Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What's your unpopular hunting opinion

I'll play....No trail cams, scents or mineral licks just like the old days. Scout from a distance, read sign you come across while hunting to find that mature buck and be rewarded with a huge surprise!

The difference between shooting a buck and not seeing that same buck is a lot closer than you think.

Agreed! Almost ALL bucks I've ever harvested, I've seen for the first and only time when I sealed the deal. Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Popping the straps out and tossing everything else. Coming from the guy who loves shanks and big neck roasts.

Reactions: OMB
Hunting from elevated, insulated blinds with windows over well manicured food plots. I really used to enjoy watching the Drury dvd's every year until they switched from hunting in the woods and out of tree stands to just parking it over food plots.
Just not my type of hunting. I don't mind hunting over or near crops, just don't like the feel of food plot hunting

Having a county with more antlerless tags than the deer herd because the big city has a high deer population. Look at northwest Iowa. We're all headed towards buck only seasons again.

Lost habitat. Every tree along a fence line or road ditch is being cut down.

Crop damage from deer. The wind & beavers & muskrats damage more corn than deer ever could.

Having a county with more antlerless tags than the deer herd because the big city has a high deer population. Look at northwest Iowa. We're all headed towards buck only seasons again.

Lost habitat. Every tree along a fence line or road ditch is being cut down.

Crop damage from deer. The wind & beavers & muskrats damage more corn than deer ever could.

Raccoons are very destructive on corn.

That I can consistently harvest mature bucks off of ~ 5 acres of timber behind my house. (I harvested this one Sunday AM. He nearly made it to my neighbors tire pile before expiring.)

That I can be happy harvesting a sub 150" buck, especially after harvesting many that score much higher.

noname2.jpg

Time to fill my statewide tag!

Good ones above!!!!
heck of a buck!!! 5 acres !!!! Wow.

& ya, the “same question” every year.... so easy to respond now!!!!!..... “when is best for rut”?
NOV 5-20!!!!! ***yes, some lulls in there. ****Late oct if it’s really cold - get after it. But moon, WHATEVER, those dates stay solid. Date range + weather + barometer = best time if u need to pick & choose.

Top Bottom