Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

where's muddy when you need him ????

moosehunter

PMA Member
Need some input from anyone that has some experience with cobra sidewinder sights. Does the fiber optics glow long enough to get those last few minutes of shooting in? Or does someone have any experience with a reliable other model? I've got a tru-glow now that's OK but would like to find something that's brighter.......

trophyridge matrix! i can still see my pin when everyone else is getting down from their stand i could probally hunt the full moon if it was legal
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif

i concur with livtahunt. like him i shoot a trophy ridge and am absolutely happy with what i have. if you want a one pin sight (which is what the sidewinder is I THINK) go with an Impact Cosmic one pin sight as they are the brightest sight i've ever seen hands down.

any of the trophy ridge sights are just awesome...here's some info...i think

www.trophyridge.com

I have the one pin Impact and am very happy with the brightness of the pin. Great site if you like shooting one pin.

Just a general question about these sights you guys are talking about.

Are you using a peep sight with them?

Are they so bright you can't see the target?

I've had the problem of the sights being so bright they filled the peep with brightness and I couldn't find my target.

Just curious.

Pupster

I am very picky about my pins. I like some colors better than others. Red is especially bad for me because it appears to glow larger than the pin and I don't zero in like I want to. I like green because it is easy to see and it doesn't have the glowing halo effect.

I too like livtahunt find that the Trophy Ridge Matrix is the best sight I've seen for brightness till the last minute of legal shooting time.

Pupster - i'm shooting with a tru peep and have no haloing affects from my Trophy Ridge. the impace cosmic sight did give some halo around the pin because it is just so damn bright. between either of them i didn't have any problems with them filling the peep with brightness so i couldn't shoot them. both great sights, i went with teh trophy ridge cuz i want multiple stacked pins rather than 1 pin you have to slide up and down.

I shoot the trophy ridge matrix 3 pin for hunting, and the matrix 5 pin for 3D's. They are some awesome sights and rests. They come with nitro lights, for dark areas, and you can also purchase a blue light kit that mounts on top and shines down on the fibers, so you don't have the blue light in your sight housing, like the dead nuts. I also use a 4 power lens that mounts on the front of the sight, that easily mounts with 3 screws and washers. I use a super peep sight with mine, and the peep hole is the exact same size as the Trophy Ridge reflective ring around the housing. Makes it pretty accurate. Good luck.

thanks for the input boys. i looked at the trophy ridge matrix, cobra sidewinder, impact cosmic, and the hha optimizer. i liked them all. since i already own a 3 pin sight and that's what i'm used to, i went with the sidewinder. i didn't want to make a big change right in the prime time of the season is the biggest reason i went with the sidewinder.

Top Bottom