Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Which Muzzle loader

I'd go with a crossbow ;)
I'm not a "gear guy". Im stuck on my old tc pro hunter and shoot super tight patterns with the "old school" 777 with 150 grains and a tc 250 grain bullet. Shoots super nice & I could never find out why anyone wouldn't want the extra power, (less chance of wounding), trajectory, KE of 150 grains vs 100? With different guns, always found a bullet that worked great with 150 grains (super tight groups) & kicks a heck of a lot less than shotgun. Buddies max out with Blackhorn too and also shoot tiny groups (find bullet that shoots nice with that gun). Seems like bows (not an expert on gear!!!!) where there's lots of really good quality options now days.

I have a CVA Accura V2 shooting 110gr Blackhorn 209 and Barnes TMZ's and also have a Knight Disc Extreme shooting 2 whitehot pellets with Barnes TEZ's and both are tack drivers. I sighted a good friend of mines TC Triumph Bone Collector using Blackhorn 209 at 100gr and Barnes TEZ's due to them having a tighter barrel diameter than my CVA does. Using CCI 209M primers in all 3 muzzleloaders.

Haven't read the rest of the thread but I shoot the TC Triumph Bone Collector with 150 grains of Triple 7 and 250 grain hornady sst. My wife shot a buck last year at 209 yards. Her third buck ever. I am too confident in the gun to switch/try anything different. Everybody has their preferences but that gun combined with the Caldwell field pod has been a deadly combo in our family

Just picked up a T/C Impact and some Blackhorn 209 and from sighting it in, I'm impressed.

I just bought my kids that gun yesterday and also shoot BH209. Going to my parents this weekend so plan on getting it dialed in for them. Their loads will be the minimum i can go though.

Ford vs Chevy. What ever I own is the best. Years ago the top of the heap was Knight and TC. Now you have more choices of good ML's. Looks like you have settled on a good one. A couple thing's I can ad is, save yourself some dollars and find out what kind of load your gun of choice likes and start there. Also, I always swab a barrel between shots when at the range. A fouled barrel does make a difference. Some powder makers claim you can shoot ten million shots before you have to clean and maybe that's true but when I go hunting I start out with a clean barrel, so I'll continue to just swab the barrel between each shot.

Top Bottom