Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Which muzzleloader scope?

Looking at upgrading my muzzleloader next season, and also need a new scope for it. Right now, I use a Bushnell Trophy XLT that costs about $80, so I would definitely like a higher quality scope on my new gun, as I feel like thats probably my weakest point in my setup right now.

I would like a drop compensating reticle, but I don't like the circles like Nikon scopes have.

Here's a few Ive been looking at..Would like some opinions and/or other suggestions.

-Leupold VX-3 3.5-10 x 40mm - $600
-Burris Fullfield 2 3-9 x 40mm - $200
-Vortex Viper 3-9 x 40mm - $300

I have the Leupold muzzleloader scope I believe the ultimate slam could not ask for a better scope on top of my Cva accura. Combine that with Blackhorn 209 and Barnes tez it is a tack driver.

Look at the Burris c4 plus. You send them some info about your gun and they cut u a custom turret, and badge u u attach to scope to help compensate for wind drift. Just range target , adjust turret to marked range and your good to go. Burris is also lifetime guarantee.

Weaver Super Slam on sale at Natchez with the reticle you are asking for and at a fantastic sale price.

Bushnell DOA 250, will reach out to 250 yards with the marking with shooting 110 gr of BH 209, Great scope, have it on 3 of my 50 cal muzzy's and 1 on my 45 cal muzzy.

I like my Leupold Ultimate Slam 3-9x10 40mm. I would recommend getting lens covers, they are not that much money and save a ton of headache.

Bushnell DOA 250, will reach out to 250 yards with the marking with shooting 110 gr of BH 209, Great scope, have it on 3 of my 50 cal muzzy's and 1 on my 45 cal muzzy.

Thats the scope I'm using right now. Never really thought it was that great of a scope. Maybe my thinking is wrong?

Bushnell Doa 250 is what I recommend to everyone. My gun along with alot of family and friends are hitting within 2" of each Mark out to 250 with 110 grains of blackhorn and a 250 grain barnes. Been a great combo for us. I killed my buck this year at 156 and my brothers was 226. Know your hold and squeeze the trigger. Not a high dollar scope but has been flawless for us

What I liked about the DOA was the eye relief, better then some.
Now I am using the Leupold VX R, and a Vortex Viper on my SML's with the CDS dial, Great glass on both, Best of all Great warranty on them.

I know you said you don't like the nikon BDC reticle, but the inline XR has some fantastic eye relief. That's one of the main reasons I went with it. I got kicked in the face a couple times using short eye relief scopes and that was enough.

What's a good power scope with the bdc to shoot 200-250? I have a 3×9×40 nikon prostaff but it don't have the bdc and when a deer is out there at 200 it would be a hard shot to make with the scope turned all the way up!

The Burris c4 plus I put on my accura v2 long range , has settings on turret to 375 yards. I have shot it out to 325 yards with impressive group. By far best long range scope in that price range.

The Burris c4 plus I put on my accura v2 long range , has settings on turret to 375 yards. I have shot it out to 325 yards with impressive group. By far best long range scope in that price range.
did you send it into Burris to get the "custom" turret??

Yes , gave them all info on my gun and bullet. The cut it specifically for my gun. Takes all guess work out of it. Gun is driving tacks at any range.

That scope definitely has my eye...

No complaints? Not much experience with Burris, so I don't know much about their optics, build quality, etc..

Im a big leupold guy , but when I was putting my gun together they didn't offer anything like that in that price range. Don't know about other Burris scopes but Im impressed with c4 plus , only complaint it didn't come with scope cover like leupold's do.

Top Bottom