Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Which One?

smokepole

I recently got a new muzzleloader and now I am looking for a new scope to put on it. I had a Leupold 2-7X33 Shotgun Scope on my old ML, but want something with a finer crosshairs/duplex. Should I go with the regular 2-7X33 or 3-9X40? Moosehunter, I noticed the scope on your ML. What kind is it? What are the pros and cons of a silver scope?

Smokepole. I have a bushnell, can't remember the model right now. I was hesitant about a Bushnell at first but they are much better than they used to be. I have never had any problems with it and it's as clear and bright as any other scope I looked at. It has a matte finish just like the barrel of the gun which I am told does not give off any glare. Leupold's are great scopes but I think you pay a lot for the name. Just my opinon though.

Smokepole- I am in the same boat. I also had the 2x7 Leupold shotgun scope and agree the crosshairs are too large for long target work with an ML. For my new Encore I think I am going with the regular VXII 2x7. Reason being, I think 7x is really plenty for any ML hunting, its lighter and shorter and has a wider field of view than the 3x9, and even $10 cheaper (I am a notorious tightwad). The only advatages to the 3x9 that I see on an ML are for target practice and resale.

As for the cost of Leupolds I think they are worth it. With some cheaper scopes I was always resighting my weapon, only to have it change again next time, or the scope outright broke. I now have four Leupolds and not once has any of those rifles lost its zero. One, a 3.5x10, has bounced around in my trunk on a Rem .308 for 100,000 miles and is shot monthly. That baby drives nails every time.
My new philosophy is save up your scope money, and then see what you have left to buy a rifle...

Almost forgot, the only Leupold scope I ever sold I shot for 9 years, then sold it for a $10 profit. How's that for value??
waytogo.gif

Ok, so I'm a Leupold junkie...I should qualify for a discount or something...

Top Bottom