Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Who is traveling to hunt birds?

jkratz5

just curious to see where some of the guys will Be traveling to this year to hunt birds.

I will be making my annual trip to Kansas in early April and then Hunting at home in Indiana and Illinois

Anyone got any cool trips planned?

Clayton County Iowa. That's like going to a whole 'nuther planet or 3rd world country also known as a shirthole.

Good luck CW. Hopefully you will get some decent weather to get them to cooperate. Looking forward to some harvest photos

Kratz!

Good luck CW. Hopefully you will get some decent weather to get them to cooperate. Looking forward to some harvest photos

Kratz!

Nebraska bound next weekend, Anyone have any insight with hunting turks with snow on the ground? I imagine itll make it pretty tough. Will the white ground and big dark blind out in the open throw them off or over thinking it ?

Yep. To many worries. But anticipation is part of it. Those birds deal with it every day. Shot my first one in the snow. Gobbled, strutted, and was with hens. Good luck.

I'll be traveling 6 hours to southeast Arizona in early May to chase those big ol' Goulds turkeys with my daughter! If all goes as planned, I'll be traveling right after that to NW Arizona to help a friend who has one of the two Rio Grande tags for that unit!

I'll be traveling 6 hours to southeast Arizona in early May to chase those big ol' Goulds turkeys with my daughter! If all goes as planned, I'll be traveling right after that to NW Arizona to help a friend who has one of the two Rio Grande tags for that unit!

That is gonna be some fun hunting right there. Keep us posted on both hunts bud!!

That is gonna be some fun hunting right there. Keep us posted on both hunts bud!!

We went down this weekend to do a final scouting trip and help with the annual Goulds surveys. I've seen plenty of big toms in my life, but we found one in a canyon (top secret) that gave me a genuine "Holy Siit!" reaction when he turned sideways. Syd is begging me to go after him. He was strutting and drumming and had three hens with him, but they should be starting to nest by the time we get down there, giving us a good chance to call him away. Since she has school obligations, she gets first crack at filling her tag, but I told her if she misses that bird, I'll shoot it on the follow up!

Top Bottom