Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wicked Tough Hand Saw – NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE

September is going to be a long month, isn't it dg?

Yup, starting to get a little stir crazy :grin: I put up a stand last weekend, and once I was up there I didn't want to get down. It was like a tease. Hopefully killin some honkers in Michigan this weekend will ease the pain a bit.

Yeah, and I'm pretty much done trimming stands at this point. If I do anymore, I'm going to have to reclassify my timber for TSI!

OOOH I see now its a video. All I had was a pic on my phone. That is some funny $hit.

But still not nice :moon:

Last edited:
Todd, I hope you get that pole saw in the works soon. I used my 10 foot Hooeyman saw for the first time this past weekend and it sucks donkeys for pennies. It worked, but was loud, annoying, and a complete POS. If I hadn't won it in a contest I'd be returning it.

Your Wicked Saw though has been performing admirably and I'm very happy to have one in my pack.

Todd, I hope you get that pole saw in the works soon. I used my 10 foot Hooeyman saw for the first time this past weekend and it sucks donkeys for pennies. It worked, but was loud, annoying, and a complete POS. If I hadn't won it in a contest I'd be returning it.

Your Wicked Saw though has been performing admirably and I'm very happy to have one in my pack.

I bought a Hooeyman last year and I thought it worked pretty good. I haven't used one of the Wicked Saws yet but if there was a Wicked pole saw then I would consider buying one. Being a mobile hunter who hangs and hunts I need something with some reach.

The 5 foot saw works pretty well in my opinion. The 10 footer was louder than I wanted and just sorta didn't impress me.

Yes, reach is important being mobile. I hunt 90% of the time out of my Lone Wolf.

I bought one the other day in IC Scheels. It was kind of an impulse buy. I have used it quite a bit and seems to work good. About the same cutting as my gerber but I like the metal frame a lot more than any other saw I have used. I went through tons of Gerbers that broke about 3 inches down from the blade on the handle. It won't happen on this one. So far I like it.

Its a metaphor! The glass door is the saw and Todd is the guy that has to open the door for you to get in. Or maybe Todd is the glass door, epitomizing a wall of emotion that you have to get help to overcome. Or maybe the glass door is you and your not willing to open up and let the saw in to your life. Or...........hell I donno, I'm only one man.

Bwahahahahahaha. Who are you? Dr. Phil? LOL That's some funny stuff.

Thanks guys - appreciate the feedback. There is a balance between easy cutting, and tough as far as the blade design and thickness go. Thus far, I've not found a better cutting / tougher blade in all my testing. They will also cut bone and PVC as we've found out recently.

Well, I am one of 4 saw owners that had the blade break. i use it A LOT and while recently cutting a large (4-5 inch diameter) dead limb, it flexed back before I was all the way through and it pinched the blade in mid-stroke and I lost about an inch off the tip. (no comments about that phrase please :grin: )

I will honestly say this saw is the bomb! there is nothing like it on the market and I have full confidence in its quality and applications... So, I needed to see about getting it replaced.

In true professional form, without question, Todd sent me a replacement and I'm back in the game. Whether it was a fluke, or a blade that had a weak spot, or if I was partially to blame with how I was abusing it... :grin:. It doesn't matter, stuff happens nothing is ever perfect. Todd took care of me, so not only does this thing have a life long place in my arsenal, I know he stands behind his products, which is as important as the quality of the product.

Not kissing up, 'cause I don't do that, ever! If I didn't like it or believe in it, Id say so. But, if you don't own one, you need to! And, if for some stupid reason there is a problem, you will be taken care of.

Thanks, Todd!

:way:

Just to clarify, that's 4 blade tip's of about 1,000 in the field. The only time this will happen is if you are really reefing and just catch the tip on the way back into a big tree. Sometimes it just bends, sometimes you can snap the very tip off. Honestly, there's really nothing I can do to change this, it's just a fluke cut here and there. I've used the crap out of mine and have bent the tip several times, but haven't broke one yet. Once you understand how this happens, you can avoid it by just being aware of it with BIG branches and trees.

Of the other ones that I know of that broke, my buddies told me any other saw would have been destroyed. Cutting big trees with both hands; pinching the blade and twisting hard can do it.

I've already been checking into the solution for this, but there really isn't one. The best saws I've owned were made by Silky. First day I used one of these $60.00 saws I broke the tip on the blade, and continued to use it until the handle broke anyway. It happens with any good blade, it's just the weakest area and given enough force in the wrong direction, it will snap. Nothing can prevent it.

Thanks for the feedback guys, greatly appreciate the support!

Last edited:
Top Bottom