Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wifes first ever harvest

BDAHMS

Be here Now
This was an extreme long shot that I would ever have a need to even write this- but my wife (Paige) connected on a mature doe last night on a spot and stalk and was shaking like a leaf. she was super pumped, excited and sad all at the same time. But this once valley girl who hated the idea of hunting is now hooked and is ready to go after a big buck tonight:) To say I was excited was an understatement- this doe harvest was more of an adrenaline rush for me than any of my harvests.

We started the night out in the elevated blind (Paige isnt a fan of tall tree stands) and just before it was getting to be the right time for movement the neighbor decided to clean up the fence row 30 yards away with a chainsaw. Which those things happen, so we decided to get down and try a little spot and stalk and turn the night into a scouting night at the very least. We were walking back to the other side of the property and I noticed a large doe about 200 yards away staring at us. After stomping and doing their normal spooked thing, I was amazed when she literally bedded down right there and proceeded to eat beans while laying down. So we backed out and walked about a 1/2 mile out of the way to get down wind and wait for her to get up. We weren't quite to our spot yet and she was already up and heading right for the path we were on- with zero cover and right in the open- she busted us again but just walked slowly broadside while looking at us. Paige took the shot and her first ever shot went right through the heart and she ran maybe 20 yards and piled up. :):)

22552420_10100219597517374_7168398391954167732_n.jpg

22527991_10100219597532344_5454186293768399368_n.jpg

Paige says thanks everyone! She is so pumped to grill a steak next week from her first deer. Taking her Saturday AM and all day Sunday to try and fill that buck tag.

Top Bottom