Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wildgame cams

Hoffman

I have 6 wild game cams, they are starting to die on me, thing oldest is 3 years old, rest are 1-2 years. Prob is they don't put pics on sd cards. Any help?

Assuming they used to work fine... Are you positive your SD cards are erased completely? Sounds obvious, I know, but you can't just highlight the pictures on your card and drag them to the trash. I have to use Disk Utility on my laptop to clear the cards, otherwise they don't actually get cleared and will fill up, preventing the camera from putting pictures on them.

I would try plugging the cards into a computer, clearing them that way, and then reformatting them.

Just an idea. They can be the funnest thing in the world one month, then the most annoying the next. Hope you get them going.

They are supposed to delete when I upload. They show up on computer as empty.
I'm sure it's just a you get what you pay for, but pisses me odd when I go pull a card and nothing.

right click on the card and reformat. I had this problem with my moultries/ sd cards. it says they are empty but it must like deep save them or something. re format will completely erase card and it should work. I find it odd that all 6 cameras would take a pooh at the same time. has to be your cards.

Was only 2 of 6. Pulled other 3 last night and another just died. Reformatted cards, brought one camera to house. It still won't take any pics. Guess need to contact customer service but guessing will say only year warranty

i have 4 of them and they are 4 years old now and i havent had a problem until this year with one of them, i am guessing it is the card, i tried a new one and will see when i check them. When i went to look at the pictures on it they would not download on the computer

Hmm...have got a few low number pulls this year from one of my cameras. Wondering now if it's the cards or low activity. One was a pretty low number and the batteries went dead. Would the camera still try to take photos if the card is full and thus run down the battery?

If you don't delete pics on your computer BUT reformat on your camera, isn't that sufficient?

I don't have WG cams but I've been having a few problems. Don't want to hijack the thread either.....
I've had some cards (maybe cameras, don't know, can't keep em straight) where a lot of the pictures are "X's" and come on to computer as "error" and are worthless. I kinda wonder if the SD cards are "worn out" so I've dumped a few of them (Older Sandisk cards, 16gb). Do cards "wear out" and could that be the issue? Or is formatting with camera only part of my problem potentially? Once again, sorry for hijack, maybe we have some similar issues & possible solutions?

If you don't delete pics on your computer BUT reformat on your camera, isn't that sufficient? I don't have WG cams but I've been having a few problems. Don't want to hijack the thread either..... I've had some cards (maybe cameras, don't know, can't keep em straight) where a lot of the pictures are "X's" and come on to computer as "error" and are worthless. I kinda wonder if the SD cards are "worn out" so I've dumped a few of them (Older Sandisk cards, 16gb). Do cards "wear out" and could that be the issue? Or is formatting with camera only part of my problem potentially? Once again, sorry for hijack, maybe we have some similar issues & possible solutions?
skip I have brand new cards doing the same. I format every time.

Got 1 fixed today I think, reformatted and kept resetting until it said 1200 for time. Reset up and it saved pics in the house. Not really sure what I did but hope it fixed it

Top Bottom