Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Winds

camo658

Tomorrow, the wind is going to be changing constantly.. It's going to be alternating from Sw, W, and Nw winds the whole day, with the majority of it coming from the W, NW. This bad news for me as any west winds are horrible for my primary stand location. It's in a dynamite location but the winds tomorrow are not going to cooperate.

So, this bring me to my next question... Can you get away with being upwind from deer if you hunt in the morning? I ask that because I know your thermals rise in the morning. So, if the deer come from the east and the wind blows from the west... Will the deer still be able to catch wind of me with the thermals?

If its a dynamite stand and its still fresh (hasn't been hunted yet or very little) I wouldn't risk it. Thermals may help but not that much. Wait until the time is right.

If its a dynamite stand and its still fresh (hasn't been hunted yet or very little) I wouldn't risk it. Thermals may help but not that much. Wait until the time is right.

Yea Lyon, I will do that. One day isn't worth educating a good buck. Friday looks a whole lot better as far as winds are concerned. They are moving NOW!

Top Bottom